|Ðð©'§ Pay-Per-Click Advertising Information Library|
How to Take Advantage of the New Google Adwords Changes
On Friday, July 15th all Google advertisers got the email message entitled "Google AdWords(TM) Announcement: Keyword Evaluation Changes". Now, I don't know about you, but whenever I get a message from Google concerning Adwords, everything else seems to take a backseat.
So we've decided to give you a heads up on what you can be expecting in the future, how you can expect these new changes to effect your advertising efforts, and what you should be doing to make sure that you can compete after they've been implemented.
First, here is a brief summary of the changes so you understand what exactly is going on:
1. Keywords will simply be active or inactive, instead of Normal, in trial, on hold, disabled.
2. There will be a minimum bid for each of your keywords based on the keyword's Quality Score which, in turn, will be based on your ad's click-through rate. The higher-relevant, more targeted, ads will have higher Quality Scores and lower minimum bid amounts. The less-relevant and less-targeted keywords and ads will have higher minimum bids. Now the difference from Google's old way of doing things is that you can now activate your keywords no matter what. Before, it was up to Google. They would simply place your keywords on hold, and you didn't have a choice, but try to optimize your ad. Now, you can get that keyword to run, regardless of its quality score?but you'll have to pay a much higher price per click.
What does all of this mean for the advertiser? Well, it means a few things, and it would be foolish to say that these changes were all good. They are definitely all good for Google, and that is to be expected.
1. Google says that they believe these changes will result in higher-quality ads. Maybe this is true, and maybe it's not. What is true is that the educated advertisers will save money under the new rules. People that know how to group ads and get higher CTR's will have to pay less for the same ad rank as those advertisers that do not know such techniques. That's a good thing for small advertisers who spend time organizing their Adword accounts.
2. But? on the flip side, it also means that big advertisers with big budgets can now come in and write ineffective ads and get good placement. Notice above, we didn't say that this change was all necessarily good for small advertisers. What is true is that small advertisers will have to become more educated to compete. Big advertisers care about branding. They want to have the number 1 ad slot, and most of the time, they don't really care what it costs. Now, in the old days, if their ad wasn't getting clicks, the ad simply wouldn't get shown (good for the small advertiser). But now, they can just pay more to have their ad shown. This was a good move by Google to get a lot more money in their pocket.
3. Conversion rate becomes the key. If your site converts, you can afford to pay more per click, in turn, you can compete. If your site doesn't convert, you'll be eliminated by the big advertisers and/or the smart advertisers. That's the bottom line. The first step is not getting the traffic to your site like so many teach. But conversely, it's getting your site in a position to support the clicks.
Here are 3 action steps you can work on to make sure that you will be competing in the Adwords game for some time to come. We realize that each of these steps can be broken down into months of work, but don't let yourself get caught up in too many details. Just focus on these three things before you start getting too in depth with changing your Adwords accounts around, give each of them a quick rehaul, and make sure you know your numbers.
1. You need to get educated and learn the system. Grouping keywords, writing good ads, keyword selection, it's all equally important and will play a large role in the future of your Adwords campaign.
2. You'll also need to get your site converting well enough to support these clicks. Otherwise you'll lose money very quickly. The formula is [number of sales made / visitors to your site]. On the internet you should realistically be aiming for about 1%.
3. Finally, you need to determine the visitor value of your site. This will tell you how much you can afford to bid on clicks. The formula is [dollars made by your site / visitors to your site]. Plan on bidding about 50% of your site's visitor value.
So, in summary, if you want to compete in the Adwords marketplace in the future, you need to take action, actively monitor your account, and know your numbers. Your goal is to run a profitable business. If you focus on the three action steps above you'll know your place in the market, you'll be ready to compete, and you'll make money using the new Adwords system.
John Rooney and David Nevogt are well known ebook authors that focus on internet-based niche selling. If you have a website that is not performing or you want to learn how to frame a profitable business around an online product, subscribe to the newsletter at http://www.ebooksaleskit.com
Pay-Per-Click Search Engines: A Really Bad Investment
What was once such a good thing is now a rip-off and a sham!
When Adsense Makes No Sense: Knowing When Not To Use The Google Adsense Pay-Per-Click Program
Google's AdSense program is a proven money-maker that has enriched the pockets of many website owners. Unlike many pay-per-click systems, the AdSense program has a large pool of advertisements to draw from -- the ads come from Google's AdWords program, which you can think of as the flipside of AdSense -- which almost guarantees that AdSense can find relevant advertisements to display alongside a site's content.
Price Your ClickBank Products for Maximum Profit
Choosing the right price for your digital products is one of the most critical, yet difficult, aspects of your business strategy.
3 Adsense Tips To Dramatically Increase CTR
Here are three Adsense Tips, together with the required HTML code, to dramatically increase CTRs and Google Adsense revenue.
The Long Term Benefits From Pay Per Click Advertising
Businesses are starting to look closely at the long-term benefits from pay per click advertising. Pay per click search engines are primarily used for sales in the now time frame, but they are also being used to build a business identity that their customers will remember. This form of brand awareness can be applied to a company of any size, large or small.
Make Free Money With Google
Have you received your check from Google? If you own a business web-site you should be receiving a check from Google. Why not accept a check every month from Google by placing their ads on your site?
Tips for Maximizing AdSense Revenue
Google's AdSense program is probably the best affiliate program on the internet today. With it's content scanning algorithm to adjust advertising and the fact it takes in to account the users location as best as it can, it has proven to be one of the highest converting click through programs to date.
You Wont Make Dollars If You Dont use AdSense
As the dust settles and the excitement caused by Google's AdSense gives way to the normal, everyday routines of old, it's time to put some serious thought into how you can "milk this cash cow" on your own web site.
Affiliate Tips to Raise Your ROI - From Loser to Winner in 30 Days
"Todd" was keen to compete in one of the most notoriously difficult categories ? work-at-home. He was smart, earnest, hard-working and keen to make affiliate marketing more than just a part-time endeavor. He had dreams of living on the beach in Mexico and surfing between sessions at the computer.
4 Steps To A Successful AdWords Campaign
Not getting the satisfaction you want from your AdWords account? Want to make more money by spending less?
Optimize Your Pay Per Click Ads - 3 Quick Tips
Running a pay per click campaign can be a valuable, fast source of online sales ? but it can also cost you a lot of money if you don't know what you're doing. Many pay per click newbies sign up with a ppc search engine and end up spending lots of money very fast - without making a single sale.
Pay Per Click Web Advertising Power Word Secrets Revealed
First impressions affect your relationship with someone for life. In the pay-per-click world, your business depends on first impressions. By using effective power words, you can turn a lackluster advertisement into a click machine.
Click Fraud ? Threatening the Internet Economy
One of the most popular forms of Internet advertising is pay-per-click (PPC). Merchants place ads with search engines like Google or MSN and the ad appears whenever someone enters a relevant search.
7 Explosive Strategies to Maximize Your Google AdWords Campaigns
If you ever used Google AdWords to advertise your product or service online, you'd have experienced the sheer power of this online advertising medium.
The One Simple Trick That Can Double Your Adsense Revenue
I've been working with Google's Adsense program for a while now. If you're not already in the program, why not take a look at it now at https://www.google.com/adsense. I really like Adsense. It makes me money and it's easy to work with. Just some simple copy & paste into your webpage and you're done. Right?
AdSense - 7 Keys To Empire?
There's a lot of buzz around about how you can make a quick and easy fortune using this AdSense course or that tool or this book.
Increase Your Click-Through Rate And Skyrocket Your Sales - 3 Quick Tips
Most pay per click ads draw amazingly low click through rates (the number of people that click on your ad divided by the number of people that see your ad).
The Google Revolution
Google is probably one of the single most important revolutions of having a successful Internet business.
Disguise Your ClickBank Affiliate Links Using Status-bar Faking
Many surfers are savvy enough to identify ClickBank affiliate links, simply by glancing at their browser's status-bar before clicking. The status-bar reveals the familiar ClickBank hoplink URL, which frequently alerts the surfer that an affiliate referral is about to take place. A proportion of prospects lose interest as soon as they realize that an affiliate relationship exists. They reason (consciously or sub-consciously) that an affiliate with a vested interest is not making a genuine recommendation. So they simply don't click the link.
Top Paying Keywords: How to Increase Your Pay Per Click Returns
There is no doubting the success of Google's Adsense program. Even Yahoo! and Kanoodle have joined in on the game, offering to join publishers with advertisers. Given the right circumstances, its a win / win situation for both.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|