|Ðð©'§ Network Marketing Information Library|
Networking: 5 Fantastic Ways To Network Effectively
It seems as if everybody is into networking these days but only a handful of people know how to network effectively. Don't miss out on golden opportunities to become acquainted with those who can help you personally and professionally. Follow my list and you'll be utilizing all those fantastic new contacts in no time!
1. Look utterly presentable! Being smartly dressed will go a long way in attracting people to you. Wearing a nice suit is not enough. Make sure you pay attention to the finishing touches such as your shoes (are they polished?), your nails (are they short and clean for men and manicured for ladies). Is your hair clean and tidy? In short, how you present yourself is how people will treat and respond to you.
2. Do not pass out your business cards to just anyone. Although I am sure you want to publicise your business or maybe just yourself (!), others will view this as being a little too eager. Hold back. Get to know others and only then suggest that you exchange details if you feel that there is a rapport.
3. Don't try to work the room. Contrary to popular belief, working the room can work against you. It's the law of diminishing returns. About two years ago I went to a networking function with a friend of mine whom I'll call Ravi. Before long, Ravi had met everyone in the room. However, I held back and noticed a lady reading a French daily paper. I approached her as I am a Francophile and we got on so well we chatted the entire evening. Ravi was disappointed in me as he always thought of me as a "great networker". I tried to explain that it is not the quantity but the quality. I have since become incredibly good friends with that lovely fellow Francophile and we have gone to many cultural functions and made some wonderful friends together. Ravi on the other hand, never heard or stayed in touch with one of those people with whom he had met that first evening.
4. Don't limit yourself to business networking. When we think of networking we think of business events and functions. However, don't discount other opportunities such as cultural associations and even volunteering. If you come from a particular ethnic heritage, think about joining local associations which will enable you to meet others like yourself. Volunteering is also a great way to meet people from all walks of life and some of the best friends and business contacts I have made have been through volunteer work. It also makes you feel better that you are contributing to society and not just thinking about how the next person can help you.
5. Prepare to stay in touch. While it is nice meeting new people at networking events, it's pointless if you do not follow up. Make a point of contacting people whom you met within a day or two either by phone or email. I was particularly impressed by a young banker who sent me his business card with a short note by snail mail (he had just run out of cards when I had met him). Suggest to your newfound networking buddies a small group lunch and ask them to bring along a friend. Just keep the momentum going.
Following my 5 Fantastic Ways To Network Effectively will make you not only better at networking, it will attract more people to you as well. As they say, it is a two way street.
Best of luck and happy networking!
By M. Tan
Wanna See My Daily Plan Of Action?
Here is my FORMULA for success coupled with (DPOA) DAILY PLAN OF ACTION!
MLM Success ? Action is the Key
Action is the Key!
Why Do Most Network Marketers Fail?
Network marketing is Simple, but doing the old way (i.e. cold calling people) is NOT easy.
To MLM or Not to MLM
Whether you want to be your own boss or you want to be handsomely rich, the internet offers great possibilities. Maybe too many!
Fundamentals of MLM Business
MLM or Multi-Level Marketing is a home-based business. It involves the sale of a consumer product or service, person-to-person, away from a fixed retail location. As the term 'multi-level' suggests each salesperson is a part of the chain, called a distributor, a representative or a consultant depending on the company they represent. These independent sales people market products and services to customers primarily through personal relationships and one-on-one retailing.
MLM Pyramid Misunderstanding, Its Actually Inverted and Fair
Many people that bad mouth MLM industry use the pyramid structure to give impression that it's a scam type of business whereby the people at the top earn all the money while people at the bottom earns few hundred dollars. Can you spot something? I'll show you...
50 Ways To Generate More Money In Network Marketing (Practicing The Obvious)
If the art of Network Marketing is your "pin-point" passion, you may certainly want to take note and put into play these 50 "best practice" marketing techniques.
How To Succeed In Network Marketing (PART 1)
How to succeed (and fail) in Network Marketing. (PART 1)
Finding The Intangible
This article is dedicated to novice entrepreneurs who are struggling to make sense out of the internet jungle they have invaded. Please point them in the right direction when they become lost. You have permission to publish this offering if you don't charge for it, and the resource box is left intact. It would be appreciated if you would notify me when you do at firstname.lastname@example.org. Total words 767.
Buy MLM Leads With A Bit Of Caution
You can buy MLM leads from a variety of sources on the Internet. While they may be readily accessible, you must exercise caution when dealing with any company you are unfamiliar with. Some companies have been known to scam MLM business owners, offering MLM leads when in reality the leads were unchecked and dated as well.
The Power of Viral Marketing
Viral marketing is one of the most powerful forms of marketing on the Internet. Viral Marketing is giving something away for free and allowing people to pass it on to others. The concept of free has fueled the imagination and the success of the Internet itself. And, although the free business model has been greatly scaled back in the post-bust Internet days, it is difficult to argue with the viral marketing success achieved by the early pioneers of free email, free web sites, free autoresponders, etc.
Still Seeking Network Marketing Success?
Network marketing success does come to many people and to many others, it doesn't. Ultimately it depends on you ? how well you focus on your target market, how well you choose your program, and how hard you are willing to work. The following are a set of guidelines that you can consult if you wish to be a network marketing success.
What is Network Marketing?
It seems like an easy question, but when you stop to think about it could you really give an accurate description of what network marketing is? If you were asked this question right now how would you answer it? Would you say, "It's a business where you recruit people and then they recruit more people", or could you really give someone a concise answer?
Effective Use of Traffic Exchanges
Like them or love them, traffic exchanges always seem to get an opinion out of people. Some people can't see the point and others love them to death. Sure, a lot of the time you are only going to find other people trying to punt their opportunity in them and you have to put a lot of clicking effort in to get results but the results we've had have been positive rather than negative. I even like idly surfing sometimes to check out when else there is out there!
How to Attract and Excite Your Prospects
The Power of Marketing
Internet Marketing Idea: Use Internet Marketing to Sell Network Marketing or MLM
Experienced Internet Marketers and beginners alike have one thing is common. They need products or services to market on the Internet.
Internet and Network Marketing Works
Internet and network marketing are inseparably related today. The phenomenal growth of the Internet has been a great boost for those trying to establish a network marketing business of their own. Whether part time or full time, you can combine the worldwide exposure and instant response so typical of the Internet to build your business from your home or office computer, or for that matter, anywhere in the world. You are always connected.
How to Network Your Home Business
Finding ways to get your home business noticed has always been at the forefront of a successful home business.
Common Work At Home Success Characteristics
Do people that are successful in home based businesses share some common characteristics and, if so, what are the primary ones?
Networking Tips for Moms at Home
Plenty of moms today stay at home. After a year of battling the decision to quit my job, I finally "put my foot down", as they say, and returned home to raise my daughter.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|