|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Marketing and Design to Get the Most out of Your Website
Once you have figured out your what your focus should be,think of ideas and sketch out each page. Start with you home page; this page should be a 3-5 paragraphs long and state who you are and what you do and guide the viewer to the rest of the site.
Keep in mind that the average web browser will decide to leave or stay on your site in the first 6 seconds! Get there attention, but don't scare them away! (See our other article on how to write good copy)
Once your site is up, market it! What good is this great site that you have spent so much time and money on if no one can find it?!
List your website address in ALL your printed promotional materials. Business cards, postcards, flyers, etc ? Then submit your site to the search engines.
Consider hiring someone to do monthly submissions for you to keep your site fresh on the search engines. It also helps to optimize at least your home page for your most relevant keywords and phrases. (See our other article on how to write copy search engines love)
Try to get your site listed on other related sites that may already have established rankings with the search engines. The more ways the potential client has of finding your site, the better. This is "Link Popularity".
Writing articles related to your field and submitting them to related sites and article bank sites (such as http://EzineArticles.com/) is another great why to build inbound links to your site.
Your website doesn't have to be fancy, just clean, informative and easy to navigate. Remember the 6 second rule. Here are some basic guidelines for content to include in your site:
- A complete description of your products and/or services "Services page" The more information you give your visitors, the more informed they will be when they contact you.
- Pictures, everyone loves pictures! Every page on your site should have at least one picture or graphic. But be sure they are related to your business. Depending on your industry, you might even want to have a "gallery page"
- Have a "Packages" or "Pricing page" If you don't list your prices, your prospects might go somewhere that does. Ever been in a store with no price tags? In cases like this, many people think that the products are too expensive or that the company will try to get them to buy something they don't really need. At the very least, list a starting range and maybe a description of your average package.
- Testimonials. People want to feel that you can actually produce what you claim. Get testimonials from past clients and put their names on it and maybe even where they live, as not to seem like you made them up.
- Give a brief history/bibliography. This is usually the "About Us" page. State your experience, why you got into the business, etc ? it is OK to embellish a bit for readability, but don't lie! If you are a member of any professional organizations, list those here too.
- FAQ's ? Answers to frequently asked questions is another good thing to have on your website ?. This will add valuable information to your site and save you time in having to answer the same questions to every new client.
- Links to friends and colleges in related fields is another great thing to have on your website. This makes you appear to have greater experience to the prospective client. And offers valuable information to your visitors. Of course, you should trade links with your competition. Look around, I would be willing to bet that in most cases, your competition has a link referral system.
- Finally, the "Contact" page ? make sure your contact info is easy to find ? it doesn't hurt to have the contact info a the bottom of every page and then detailed on the "Contact" page. Always, have a phone number AND an email contact. You should also have your location somewhere on your website, so people know where you are, even if you work from home and don't want to advertise your home address, you can put the city you are in. Or you can get a local P.O. Box. Most people like to work with local businesses.
© Plush Designs - 2005 All Rights Reserved
Plush Designs offers affordable website and graphic design and search engine marketing services.
Check out our website for more details. http://www.PlushDesigns.net
Don't get left behind! Isn't it time to get your business online?
How To Make Money Online With Your Website
So you have a website that has been a white elephant up to now, zero traffic and no sales and you are wondering how everyone else seems to be able to make money excepting you?
A Person Of Value
One of the "secrets" in Internet Marketing is knowing that you need to be patient enough to develop the kind of business building savvy that people want. It takes time.
8 Things I Have Learned As An Internet Marketer
I started as an internet marketer, like I am sure a few of you have with various mlm programs. After little success with these types of programs I finally decided it was time I make my own website and get serious about marketing on the internet. Although I have not been doing this as long as some, there have been a few things that I have learned along the way that have helped me achieve much more success than my previous ventures in mlm. I would like to share with you 8 things I have learned since becoming an internet marketer.
The Long Sales Letter: Should You Use it In Your Advertising?
If you're a web marketer and you've done your homework, you've probably come across the Long Sales Letter in your internet travels. Top web marketing experts like Yanik Silver, "The Copy Doctor" Michel Fortin and countless others use it to pitch their comprehensive instructional kits. You may have even made a purchase based on what you read in one of these letters.
Resources For Staying Current of IT Advancements For Online Business Owners
The internet and associated technology changes at a relatively fast pace. For anyone working in fields that make extensive use of IT technology, it is crucial to always stay one step ahead of the game. Keeping up the pace can be challenging and seem utterly impossible at times without the help of resources to pull from.
Internet Marketing Reality Check
There are thousands of web sites, books, CD-ROM's, cassette tapes and various other forms of communication devoted to the topic of Internet marketing. The majority of these sites profess to offer "secret strategies" and "killer tactics" which promise to increase your chances of having success on the Internet. Of course you must fork over your hard earned cash for these wonderful pearls of wisdom. (Many of which turn out to be nothing more than pyramid schemes and other scams)
Boost Your Web Site Sales
The following strategies are used every day to boost sales from any commercial website. Most are simply common sense whilst others may take some time to master. All will help your site to start generating the income you expect from your online ventures.
Build Your Marketing Muscle
During a saxophone lesson the other day I realized how much regular practice can help a part time internet marketer. My teacher taught me a long time ago to just play for 15 minutes a day to progress. I was shocked when I first started doing it, but it works. And it works fast.
The Budget Webmasters Guide to Increased Credibility - Part One
Hey, I just noticed something. I've been sitting here filling out a bajillion forms, submitting my dang article 'til I'm blue in the face (Vent much? Why, yes and thanks for listening!), and I realized what makes me give out my real email address.
Getting noticed on the Internet - Digital Marketing for Small Business
The Internet has grown from a small network of academics needing a way to trade research into a world-spanning, ubiquitous marketplace and repository for nearly every possible kind of information and knowledge. How does a small business avoid being washed away in the constant tide of buying, selling and marketers hawking every conceivable item (and some difficult to conceive...)?
Offline Network Marketing Recruiting; Vital For An Online Business
I have become involved with many network marketing companies the last year.
Internet Marketing ? Short Term Strategy
After spending a lot of time and effort on building a site, many wonder where they should start with Internet marketing. Site owners can be bombarded with pitches about marketing and it is hard to sort out what should be done. In this article, a short term marketing strategy is discussed.
How To Use Pop-Ups Effectively To Generate More Profits!
What I'm about to explain to you will change to way you do your online marketing Today, Tomorrow and Years to come with little effort on your part.
Seven Sure Steps In Building Your Reputation Online
If you have to part with your hard-earned money for some goods or services, who would you rather trust: a novice provider or an expert one?
Defining the Relations Between Blogs, E-zines, RSS, and E-mail
Although RSS and blogs are slowly reaching mainstream, they are still missuderstood by most marketers in relation to eachother and in relation to their relatives, e-zines and e-mail. How do these four really relate and what does this mean for your internet marketing strategy?
What Are Really The Best Strategies or Ideas for Internet Marketing?
There are many ways for you to do effective Internet Marketing campaigns. The first thing you need to do is build a targeted database of customers. Then you can make offers to these people over and over again.
Marketing Using Minisites
When it comes to making money online, there are a wide variety of web sites with different graphics and copy with some being very detailed and some not. The important thing is that both generate cash. If you have a home based internet business and are interested in marketing and selling your product, but don't have a lot of money to invest in a fancy, professionally created Web site, then you should consider setting up minisites for your various products.
10 Killer Ways To Multiply Your Sales
1. When you make your first sale, follow-up with the customer. You could follow-up with a "thank you" email and include an advertisement for other products you sell. You could follow-up every few months.
How Knowing Your Customer via Direct Marketing Helps Your Online Business to Prosper
What is direct marketing? Put simply, direct marketing is a process of recording information about your customer's response to a planned marketing activity.
Product Marketing for Home Based Online Businesses
If you are like most internet based home business entrepreneurs then marketing your product and driving increasing traffic to your web page is essential to increasing sales. The challenge is to market your products and increase your traffic and to do it affordably or even for free.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|