|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Internet Marketing - Advantages and Disadvantages
Everyone seems to be jumping on the internet marketing bandwagon lately. In the race to get their business online, many successful businesses forget to ask themselves some tough questions about what they are doing, what their expectations are and what their plan is to meet those expectations.
The internet can be a powerful tool that can put you on solid footing with bigger companies. On the other hand, the other companies may have more money to pay for advertising. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind as you analyze your internet marketing strategy.
Advantage of Internet Marketing
- your store is open, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Further, your customers are worldwide in reach, and can shop anytime that they want to
- the cost of spreading your message is next to nothing. Emailing your subscription base is more oftne cheaper than sending a letter through the mail
- updating your subscribers can be done almost instantly through email. Visitors to your website can get up to the minute information on each visit. If you are having a sale, your customers can start shopping at the discounted prices literally as soon as they open their email
- if you have an information sensitive business, such as a law firm, newspaper or online magazine, you can deliver your products directly to your customers without having to use a courier
Disadvantages of Internet Marketing
- online marketing is not free. The cost of software, hardware, wed site design, maintenance of your site, online distribution costs and of course, time, all must be factored into the cost of providing your service or product.
- slightly over 50% of households shop online. While that number will continue to grow, you are reaching less than two out of three households.
- the internet is still regarded as a source of information gathering for the majority of your customers. Of the number of visitors to your site, the vast majority of visitors who are motivated to buy will do so in person. Many people prefer the live interaction when they buy. If you have a small business with one location, this may deter customers from buying.
- easier to have outdated information on your site, thus timing of updates is critical
- there is no replacement for good old fashioned customer service. The majority of internet marketers lack customer service and inquiry response programs. As a result, many online visitors to your site will already have painted your site as poor service before they have even contacted you. The majority of websites also have poor navigation, which makes it difficult for your visitor to find what they are looking for. Many sites were created with a marketing view, not a customer service point of view.
- is your site secure? Does your customer know this? There are many incorrect stereotypes about the security of the internet out there. As a result, many of your visitors will not want to use their credit card to make a purchase. The fear of having their credit card info stolen is a clear and present danger in the minds of your visitors
- there is a lot of competition for your product already out there. By the time your visitor finds you, they have already been clicking many links. Unless they can find what they are looking for quickly, they are gone.
- many web visitors expect something for free. What do you have to offer them?
There are many other pros and cons of internet marketing. Its important for you to consider each when creating your internet marketing strategy. Each of the disadvantages can be overcome, but only if you view the customer experience from the eyes of your customer, not as an internet marketer.
Christopher Smith has been creating web sites for small businesses for over 7 years. In addition to providing deisgn and consultation services, Christopher also provides tips on search engine optimization, internet marketing and traffic generation.
What is Article Marketing?
Simply put article marketing is advertising your web site through the use of articles. This choose of advertising is preferable over others for the simple fact that it's free. There are many article directories that allow you to submit your articles for free. They allow you to have a resource box at the end of your article that you can plug your site and products with. Not only that but if you're into building links this is a great way of doing it. If your article is chosen by publishers they will republish your article on there websites giving you even more publicity and exposure. A well written article can give you massive exposure.
George Bushs Secret To Successful Internet Marketing
Former U.S. president, George Bush Senior told the following story during a broadcast back in 1989...
Internet Marketing Basics
Almost all of the articles on Internet marketing lacks coverage on all the basics and all the avenues of Internet marketing because there is just too much information to cover in a few words. Here I am going for an attempt which will be an overview, not an in depth affair.
The Niche Website Naming Secret
Today I was optimizing a couple new websites for search engines. I went through my list of optimization techniques. Keywords in page title? Check. Keywords in page headings? Check. Keywords in page file name? Check. Keywords in offsite link anchor text? How could I accomplish that?
Now, Even A Monkey Could Easily Accept Online Payments
I just came across this web site called PayDotCom.com
Sales Marketing: Ten Magnificent Marketing Ideas To Amplify Your Business
You can magnify and expand your business if you have these magnificent sales marketing ideas below:
To All Internet Marketers - How To Get My Business
More and more people are realizing that the Internet offers great potential to set up a healthy business for pennies on the dollar. This is good news for internet marketers - but it also means that they need to lift their game.
Making Money from Websites - Common Pitfalls of Beginners and How to Avoid Them
Making money online is really easy to do because the entire world is becoming Internet savvy with a preference for shopping online. Because of this fact, you need to make sure you are doing your best to meet the needs of individuals online and increasing the internet traffic coming to your website.
Im Talking, But is Anyone Listening?
Internet marketing is a wonderful thing, but it has it's drawbacks. For instance, if you own a brick and mortar store you have a *physical* presence that gets noticed. Customers will find you purely by chance by walking or driving down the street where your store is located. If they didn't know you existed before, they do now.
Stepping Outside the WAHM Zone
Often times on message boards you'll see several reps from the same company, making it difficult for all reps to gain enough sales. We've also seen issues where some reps dominate certain boards or even go so far as to steal potential customers and recruits. While there is no real easy answer to this problem, there are certain things you can do to gain your fair share of sales.
Money Can Still be Made on the Internet
Even though the days of an IPO generating millions of dollars are gone, money can still be made on the Internet. How can you make money online?
Five Common Misconceptions to Achieving Success with Your Online Business
How successful is your online business? Are you achieving the monetary rewards that you'd hoped to achieve when you set up your Web site?
What is the Flavor of Your Website?
When I mention, "flavor", I mean the appeal of the products or services, a company offers, to your basic senses, ( taste, touch, feel, sight, etc.). But, allow me to extend this even further and talk about company appeal as well, for example company "culture". Let's get less broad and bring this to you and me. What is our "appeal" to the public? Do we present a good image, ("flavor") to the public? Are people impressed with the products and services we offer? Are they presented in a professional manner? This analysis could be applied to email, websites, ads, for that matter, anything the public "sees" with our name on it. In previous articles, we discussed BRANDING your company. Included in this process would be BRANDING your image as well. So, when I mention Wendy's, for example I see DAVE, the friendly guy who cares about selling good products. When I mention McDonald's I see RONALD, the clown appealing to children. What does this have to do with the product? Absolutely nothing. It was a masterful way of BRANDING a company. Since they both sell basically the same product, what separates one from the other is their "image". Dave, the nice guy who wants to provide quality hamburgers and the Ronald, the clown, who loves kids, in the other case. Where am I going with this? I believe it is important to create a business logo, and slogan, to optimize your branding process. Then, it is really important to create your company "image". I hope my "image" projects WORK FROM HOME, quality products and services, and a professional image; and, that I have a website you can visit that is reliable and trustworthy. When you see our logo, that is what I want your vision and memory to recall. Something like "Dave" or "Ronald". Do you want you image to be a high-powered sales company, or a professional, creative, critical thinker? The "image" I get in the first case is SPAM, misrepresentation, (tell anybody anything to get it sold), and worthless products and services. Please, I am not trying to offend anyone. We all need to sell! But, there is the right way and the wrong way. I prefer the right way. We stand behind ALL products and services, and will NEVER spam anyone at any time. That is the "image" I hope you "see" when our BRANDED name appears anywhere. Your online friend, Opportunities Now Internet Marketing Services For more information about us use KEYWORD: "opportunities now internet marketing services" in any major Search Engine. James A. "Jim" Holish 5250 E. Cortland Blvd. #19 Flagstaff, Arizona 85004 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.mycashforever.com/
See Abundance In Your Prospects
I was privileged to have a good friend and great Internet Marketer to share this time-tested principle with me. And I am about to share it with you, too! The principle is called "abundance". Yes, abundance. It may be just one word yet there is great power behind it.
Five Ways To Maximize Profit In Resale Rights Marketing
Product creation is usually one of the first concerns of an internet marketer. Conceptualizing a profitable idea and formulating a marketing plan to sell it is a relatively exhausting task. Not everyone is gifted with the creative juices to come up with a cutting edge concept.
Online Advertising: 10 Flaming Hot Ways To Heat Up Your Sales
If you have a website but not making a lot of sales, I can understand how you feel.
Effective Time Management Earns You More Money!
In this article, "product" means any tangible product, digital products (ebooks and software) and services such as membership sites, web design and development, hosting, "print on demand" for ebooks, fulfillment for orders and so on.
What is Internet Marketing?
Since I sold my last business in 2004 I have been trying hard to make a living online. Most of my neighbors knew what my last business was as it was very obvious from the garage full of soda, water, snacks and vending machines. When I say garage full I am talking about maybe 1000 to 1500 cases at least. Yes, I was a vendor and I did this for about 8 years. 8 years of people complaining about out of date soda, warm candy bars and dimes stuck in the machines. 8 years of 40 foot Pepsi and Coke trucks coming up to my driveway and unloading materials. 8 years of counting coins and dollar bills every day. Had it not been for the recession, 9-11 and the dotcom bust I would probably have grown to where I hired a few workers and I would still be doing it.
Identifying Top- and Bottom-Line Growth Strategies for Your Web Business
Defining Top-Line versus Bottom-Line
Online Web Marketing Tips
Here is a list of a few of my favorite marketing tips and ideas. They all proved to be effective in my business, use them them for yours as well!
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|