|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Holiday / Vacation Time But What About Your Online Business?
For many of us, it is time to start thinking about packing our suitcases and jetting off on our summer holidays/vacation. When I had a 'normal' job, this was a time to get out of the office and completely forget about work for a couple of weeks. Things are somewhat different now though as an Internet business never sleeps or takes time off so how do you handle your online business when you are supposed to be soaking up the sun on a far away beach?
Obviously if your business is large enough to have employees, you shouldn't have too many problems and can, hopefully, leave things in the capable hands of your staff for a week or two. But in the event that you run a 'one man band' and don't have anyone to reply to emails and deal with orders while you are away then I am afraid it is down to you to look after things.
So with this in mind, here are a few ideas that may help to ensure that your vacation remains exactly that :-)
1. Close your website down for the duration of your holiday. For me this goes completely against the grain - one of the advantages of an online business is the fact that it can earn you money whilst you sleep (and whilst you sunbathe). However some business owners do simply decide to shut up shop when they go away and write off a couple of weeks income against a stress-free break.
2. Find a local Internet cafe. For many people this is probably the easiest and most affordable option. Most tourist destinations have some level of public Internet access available at a reasonable price. Last year I even managed to get a half decent Internet connection on a tiny island in the middle of the Indian Ocean! The main downside in using Internet cafes is security. I have never been completely comfortable entering important passwords into public computers and have often ended up using two or three Internet cafes in the same resort and changing passwords on a daily basis! Slightly paranoid perhaps but it only takes one dishonest cafe owner to really put the spanner in the works.....
3. Take your laptop and connect via the hotel landline. Most hotels have an IDD (International Direct Dial) telephone in their rooms. This means you can dial straight out of the hotel without having to go via the switchboard. This being the case, you can hook your laptop up and dial up just as you would at home. The cheapest way of doing this is to do some research first and find a local Internet company that can offer 'pay as you go' dial up - don't dial into your home ISP as this will cost you dearly in international call charges. Be aware that not all countries use the common RJ11 phone socket and you may need to purchase an adapter socket. These are readily available on the Internet - just search Google for 'modem adaptor socket for (your destination)'. You should also check that the phone line you are about to plug into isn't digital - if it is, you could fry your modem. Ask the hotel reception or better still, get a tester unit that plugs in and checks the line for you - these are cheap and could save you a lot of problems. Whilst using dial up in this way is very convenient, it can be expensive (hotels are notorious for making huge profit on phone calls) and it is likely the connection will be very slow.
4. Take your laptop and find a wireless 'hotspot'. Wireless networks are becoming more and more popular and you will find them in many airports, hotels and resorts. As long as you have a wireless network card or a wireless-ready laptop, you can simply turn your laptop on and access the network at super-fast Broadband speeds. You will normally have to pay for access but you can usually buy unlimited access for the period of your visit. If you really don't want to pay and have time on your hands, try turning on your laptop close to offices, an Internet cafe or some coffee shops - you never know, they may have a wireless network set up with no security meaning you can logon for free! This is my favourite way of accessing the Internet abroad - it is fast, affordable and I can use my own computer with all of my own software which makes it very convenient.
5. Use your laptop with a mobile/cell phone. Not an ideal option but if you are somewhere really remote it might be your only option! Remember that different countries use different cell phone frequencies so you need to make sure that your phone will work in the country that you are visiting. In order to keep costs down, sign up with a local phone service provider and a local ISP - this means that you will pay the lowest call charges possible (though they will probably still be pretty expensive). Connection speed is likely to be appalling but this might work for you if you are only expecting a few emails..... Personally, this option became unworkable for me several years ago - too slow and far too expensive.
6. Use a laptop/PDA/Blackberry or similar with a GPRS connection. GPRS is a wireless technology which allows PDAs and similar to have an 'always on' connection in a similar way to Broadband. GPRS is provided via the local mobile/cell phone network. With GPRS, you pay not for the time that you are online but for the amount of data that you transfer. This means that if you set things up correctly you can just download your email headers, delete the ones that you don't need to read and then only download and reply to the important ones. Therefore costs will be kept to a minimum and it doesn't matter if the connection is slow (from a cost point of view at least) since you are only paying for the amount of data you transfer. Speeds should be quicker than a normal mobile/cell phone connection. Ensure you check that GPRS is available in the country that you are visiting - most common destinations can offer the service but you may find that some more remote countries are not yet GPRS enabled.
Most important of all - enjoy yourself! :-)
Copyright 2005 Richard Grady
Richard Grady has been helping ordinary people earn online since 1998. He writes a free newsletter which is published every two weeks. To subscribe (and claim your free gifts), visit: http://www.thetraderonline.com/newsletter.html
The Internet and Network Marketing
After years of gut wrenching work and stress the home based business building process has finally been chopped down to size. The casualties from this type of business building are horrendous and rightfully so. It wasn't long ago that the odds of build a huge profitable network was for the very gifted individual. But now building a residual income with the internet and network marketing scenario is within practically everyone's reach.
A Couple Of Basic Killer Internet Marketing Techniques
There are many simple, infallible ways to earn income, and one of the surest ways is through marketing your business on the internet. When you learn basic internet marketing techniques, you'll wonder why you haven't already jumped on the bandwagon. When you think about it, the only things you'll need to make money is a vision of what you want out of life and the wisdom and energy to put your ideas into motion.
How To Get An Instant Flow Of Traffic Doing What You Always Do
How DO you get a great flow of traffic for free? Well I know one way you can get great traffic doing what you do everyday you get on the internet! Finally something easy without clicking sites you don't want to look. Look at what you want to with InstantBuzz while getting credits to display your site to thousands and thousands of people across the globe.
10 Explosive Ways To Elevate Your Sales
1. Publish an ezine.
Website Sales: 10 Shocking Tactics To Energize Your Sales
Let me reveal to you a few shocking website sales tactics to energize your sales and profits, starting now:
Getting Your Business Listed for Local Search is Just the First Step
The Public has Embraced Local Search and Want to do More
10 Creative Ways to Sell and Market Resale Rights Products Offline
Are you having a tough time selling that ebook or resale rights product online? Is the online market for your info product over saturated? Maybe your ebook is too niche focused and doesn't draw much traffic from online keyword searches.
Killer Internet Marketing Errors - How to Avoid Them
With 95% of all Internet businesses failing, it is important to find out what actually works and what doesn't. Most online business failures can be attributed to one or more of the following marketing errors:
3 Quick and Easy Steps to Earn Money Online!
Do you own a web site that is continually failing to make you any money? Don't feel alone because 90% of the web sites on the internet are just like yours. So, what if I told you that you could earn money online, practically overnight!
Chameleon Advertising: Marketing to Your Niche Markets with Stories
Do you remember how, in days gone by, salesmen would go door to door selling their wares? These entrepreneurs would "go the extra mile" just to have the chance to demonstrate their products to people in their own home.
Sneak Up On Your Competition
Dear Internet marketers: After going through a couple of months of frustration, I finally came up with ways to "sneak up" on my competition. I thought I would save you a lot of time, money and hard work and share, my experiance with you. First allow me to state a fact: Success = Commitment = Time + Money. Think about it. If money is an issue then time increases to have success increase. Or, if Time is an issue, then money needs to be spent to maintain a path to success. The ideal commitment would be to have an equal mix of both Time and Money. Here is another fact. Something for nothing = nothing. Please allow me explain. If you receive a no cost offer, and make no attempt to investigate, and learn more about how it will benefit you, you have no commitment and nothing for joining. In other words, read training tips. Set up your account so it is functioning properly. You just made a commitment. You have at least invested something valuable, your time. Now you have something. Now build on that. Make a commitment to promote your opportunity. Start your traffic flowing and begin recruiting to have an income. If money is the issue, invest more time with email campaigns that are designed well and SPAM free. Now the sneak attack! Drive traffic to your alfiliate URL or website. Use the following: Traffic Exchanges, Banner Exchanges, Link Exchanges, (if you have our own site and control its contents). Write articles, (make sure they have your opportunity link in them.) then, publish them to the internet. Now you really did something and your commitment increased considerably, without spending a dime, but by investing a considerable amount of time. Your investment just became substantially more valuable. Finally, establish a "Brand" name. Mine is Opportunities Now Internet Marketing Services. I registered my brand with the U. S. Patent Office and Arizona Secretary of State as a TRADE NAME. Cost? About $35.00 doing it myself. That was a whileback, I don't know if those fees have changed. I use my "Brand" on everything. Letters, Newsletters, email, site submissions. This is powerful advertising! Now my personal KEYWORD is: "opportunities now internet marketing services"
Yahoo Search Marketing: Is an Effective Online Marketing Tool
Yahoo! manages to utilize its huge network of websites and portals to provide Yahoo! Search Marketing services which provides you an opportunity to advertise your business in a number of methods. The methods are sub-divided in the following categories:
Do Your Words Need Protection?
Recently, attending a local event, I found myself chatting with a young woman I'll call Pearl. When she learned I was a writer she asked, "I wrote some poems when I was younger and I would like to copyright them. What should I do?"
10 Resourceful Ways to Recycle Digital or Small-ticket Products
Have your product sales slowed down? Do you want to give a new lease of life to one of your digital or small-ticket products?
Website Promotion With Content Exchanges
Ever hear about an idea that is so simple yet so powerful, you wonder why you hadn't thought of it before?
Is There A Future For Spam?
Will you always be buried underneath a mountain of spam? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? With the current flood of spam to your inbox and ever more devious practices on the part of spammers you'd be forgiven for thinking that spam is here to stay.
The ABCs of Online Customer Support
Want to provide great online customer support? Want to provide the kind of customer support that will grow your business, by building customer loyalty and satisfaction? It's not as hard as it sounds! Just remember your ABC's.
Seven Strategies To Make Money On The Net Regularly
You can attract 1,000's of prospects to you. You only need to be equipped with your own web site and an unlimited product or service to sell.
How To Let Your Customers Search For YOU! ? Part 3
Thank you for stopping by part 3 of the article series on 'How To Let Your Customers Search For YOU!' In this part I will teach you one more technique that is often overlooked, but will deliver tremendous results!
Classified Ads - What Works & What Doesn?t
Do classified ads really work? Should you include an email address or fax number in them? How about a call to action?
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|