|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Dos and Donts for the Internet Marketing Newbie (Part 2)
You are now reading Part 2 of my article the "Do's and Don'ts for the Internet Marketing Newbie". Part 1 covered the Do's and this part will cover the Don'ts.
· Don't throw your money away! Unless you have lots to throw away and can afford to buy whatever gets thrown at you. Budget yourself and keep within your budget. Only spend when you need to. You will come across plenty of sites that want you to spend your hard earned money for an internet marketing course, E-book, or piece of software guaranteed to make you money. Don't fall into the trap. First investigate, ask questions from other marketers to see if they are familiar with the product and recommend it. That's where the forums come in handy and are beneficial.
· Don't believe all of the hype you will encounter. Example. BUY THIS SOFTWARE NOW! YOU ONLY HAVE TILL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT OR THE PRICE IS GOING TO DOUBLE OR EVEN TRIPLE. YOU'LL SAVE $200.00 IF YOU BUY RIGHT NOW! Don't believe it, the price will be the same tomorrow and the next. Or here's another good one. I'm only selling this to the first 50 people who visit my website. Yeah, right. I really believe that one.
· Don't forget you are a potential customer to every marketer out there, so they will try to sell you their service or product to make money. Remember you are now a marketer and your purpose is to sell your service or product to others, not for you to buy theirs.
· Don't get me wrong, some services or products are worth buying. You just have to figure out which are the right ones for you and your business. Remember you're not trying to line someone else's pockets. You're trying to line your own.
· Don't get frustrated and give up because things don't happen right away. You have to have the mindset that you can do it and succeed. Granted you will have good days and bad days. Every accomplishment is a victory. Every defeat is a learning experience. No business is an overnight success.
· Don't limit yourself and your thinking. Be willing to try different things and when you find the one thing that seems to work, build on it, but keep trying other things as well.
· You've had your business up and running for a couple of months and you've only made one sale. Don't quit because you think it's not working. Think in these terms instead. If you've made one sale, then you can make 2 sales, and if you can make 2 sales, you can make 3 sales and so on. Many of the top marketers on the internet today took years to find the formula that led to their success.
· Don't believe that there is such a thing as an "auto-pilot" business. Like Ron Popeil's rotisserie oven, SET IT AND GO. Just doesn't work that way. I don't care what you have heard or have read. You have to promote your business. You have to get your name out there and become visible so people can find you and what you're offering. Just because you now have a website does not mean the masses will come in droves. There are millions upon millions of websites and probably at least a quarter of a million of them are selling the same service or product as you. The question is how are you going to get people to visit your website instead of someone else's? Once they are there, what's going to get them to buy from you or join your affiliation? So understand you are going to have to learn how to promote and sell your business and that involves work and time.
· Don't upgrade your affiliation accounts until you can afford to do so. Many affiliate programs will try to pressure you into upgrading to a "Pro" account. Wait until you start making some money from your business first, then upgrade.
· Don't rely solely on emailing to promote your business. Due to major Spam filters your message may not get through. Find all of the different ways to advertise on the internet like writing articles, exchanging links, click/surf exchanges, and Pay Per Click search engines. Use offline ways to advertise your business like newspaper ads, mailings, telemarketing, faxes and flyers. Put your website on a t-shirt and wear it!
· Don't give up, persistence will pay off eventually.
Okay, I'll stop there. I probably could go on and on and even write an E-book about this subject (that's a thought). I think you get the idea about how to avoid the "Information Overload" headache and hopefully I have given you some substance for thought. The most important point is take one step at a time. Don't rush it! And remember once a "newbie" always a "newbie" because you will be learning all of the time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Debra Hamer is the owner of the http://www.profitfromhomebiz.com website where you can find the tips, tools, and resources to start your own work at home internet business. Become a subscriber to her free Home Business Tips Newsletter. She also offers free software to create your own PlugInProfitSite and the Mega PlugInProfitSite website and a free E-book titled "30 Days to Success" written by Stone Evans that will give you a day by day guide on how to promote your internet business. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is Viral Marketing?
Increase Online Sales: 10 Extraordinary Strategies To Generate More Profits
Do you want to generate more profits from your online promotion?
10 Unique, Free Product Bonuses
Are you looking for something unique or unusual that you can use as a free product bonus? Here are 10 that not only fit your needs, but are useful as well.
Five Step In To A Successful Online Shopping Business..
Before you set out to explore the online shopping market you should do some planning, take a piece of paper and pen and write down the steps that will help to bring in traffic to your website.
Five Proven Methods For Increased Internet Sales
There are hundreds of ways that you can promote your online business or website, some more effective than others. These five proven methods will help you to generate traffic to your site and also to generate income into your wallet.
The Budget Webmasters Guide to Increased Credibility - Part One
Hey, I just noticed something. I've been sitting here filling out a bajillion forms, submitting my dang article 'til I'm blue in the face (Vent much? Why, yes and thanks for listening!), and I realized what makes me give out my real email address.
One of the Golden Rules of Internet Marketing
In my opinion, one of the 'Golden Rules' of Internet marketing has to be the following:
Internet Marketing Help
If you're looking for Internet marketing help you've come to the right place. Below you will find several tips to help you navigate your way through the mystifying world of promoting your website and e-commerce business.
What is Article Marketing?
Simply put article marketing is advertising your web site through the use of articles. This choose of advertising is preferable over others for the simple fact that it's free. There are many article directories that allow you to submit your articles for free. They allow you to have a resource box at the end of your article that you can plug your site and products with. Not only that but if you're into building links this is a great way of doing it. If your article is chosen by publishers they will republish your article on there websites giving you even more publicity and exposure. A well written article can give you massive exposure.
How To Come Up With New Product Ideas
Have you ever wanted to add new products to your exsisting product line? Obviously one way to do that is to find a product that is already developed and start selling that. Affiliate programs are great for that.
E-Psychology: Increasing Your Sales On-Line
As any successful entrepreneur knows, there's more to generating on-line sales than owning a web site. To produce sales, your web presence must be effective, easy to navigate, and properly marketed ? all of which require a well-rounded understanding of your target client.
The Relation Between Internet Marketing Education and Profits
Many people join internet business opportunities online blindly. By this I mean they join everything that promises them fast bucks and then one to two years later are dejected and unhappy at their dismal returns online with regards to their capital outlay in terms of time and money. Thus the most important thing you need to do today is to get a proper education in internet marketing. The co-relation is clear the internet is all about information and by learning how to package information online you will make more profits from your internet business no matter what you are promoting.
The Website Marketing Strategy that Never Fails
Developing a successful web site takes more than simply building a web site with an active URL. Instead, it takes a marketing strategy that takes into account every avenue and angle so as to handle everything and make the site as lucrative as possible. Unfortunately, many web businesses fail because they fail to take into account many of the following topics. If you want your web business to succeed, which I'm sure you do, then consider the following marketing strategy in order to capture more visitors and have a successful online business.
Internet Marketing: 10 Blazing Internet Marketing Secrets To Sky-Rocket Your Profits
Your turn to succeed has come.
The Ugly Side Of Internet Marketing, What The Gurus Wont Tell You!
Did that headline grab your attention?
Differentiate and Grow Rich: The Importance of a Strong USP
"With 50 other companies selling the same products and services, why should I do business with you rather than one of your competitors?"
It Really is only early Days in the Internet Gold Rush....
One of the questions that I am getting more and more used to hearing lately is:
Road Map to Internet Marketing Success
Today, the internet has become part of our life. We communicate, trade, and find entertainment over the internet. It makes our life simple, easier and get faster communication. Evertyhing is done by one simple click.
Internet Marketing is Changing Right Before Your Eyes!
There's no doubt about it . . .
Weblogs, Podcasting, and RSS Newsfeeds in the Marketing Mix
Weblogs and Podcasting in the Marketing Mix
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|