|Šš©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
10-Essential Points When Considering Pop-Under Advertising
I have been running tests on the use of Pop-Unders to promote several types of products and services. Note that I am discussing POP-UNDER'S... not Pop-UP's. I consider Pop-Up's too intrusive. Pop-Under's on the other hand load in the background when visiting a site and, therefore, are not perceived in the same way as the much more intrusive Pop-Up.
To source vendors of Pop-Under advertising go to Google and search on "Pop Under Advertising". You will find dozens of vendors selling Pop-Under traffic packages.
Here are ten points to consider...
1. Buying Pop-Unders is like running a gauntlet... there are many providers... but few of real quality. I have purchased a few Pop-Under campaigns that produced less than 50 views a day... hardly what I had been promoted. Consistency of delivery has been dismal.
2. Only use Pop-Unders to promote something that has universal appeal. You have little or no control of who views your page... so make sure that the product or service offered is potentially appealing to almost every person who views the page.
3. Pop-Unders are a teaser and lead generation tool... not a direct sales vehicle. Make a solid free offer with compelling benefits to draw the viewer to your site to complete the selling cycle. Never direct your Pop-Under traffic to your home page... design a custom offer page (or pages) specifically for your Pop-Under traffic. Pull out all the stops to make this a hard hitting offer page. Keep it simple. Test various headlines for pulling-power. Note: Most Pop-Under traffic providers will not allow your served page to contain sound files or other pop-up's or pop-under's.
4. Pop-Unders seem to work well for "business opportunity" offers that feature a "home-based business"... and as subscriber recruitment vehicles for newsletters, discussion lists, etc. Remember the "universal appeal" caveat... the newsletter or discussion list needs to be broadly appealing.
5. Be careful that the Pop-Under vendor does not use "adult" type sites to present your ad. If they don't address this issue in their sales copy... send them an email and make them confirm in writing that your ad will only be viewed by non-adult sites.
6. Buy no more than 10,000 Pop-Unders on your first purchase from any one vendor. Test and measure the campaign. If it looks promising on the first 10,000 then test another 10,000. If that test is favorable then jump up to 20,000 or 25,000 and test again. Don't fall in the trap of buying 100,000 or 1,000,000 hits upfront... no matter what the price.
7. Some vendors offer "targeting", to specific categories of traffic, at a premium price. Test this option the same way as described above to see if they are worth the premium price. Some are... some are not. If, for example, you are promoting a health care business opportunity, you may find that buying the traffic targeted at "health" or "opportunity seekers" is a better return on investment... maybe not. Again, always test in smaller numbers and ramp-up based on measurable results.
8. Ad tracking is a real plus when using Pop-Under campaigns. It is worth the money to implement ad-tracking software, or web based ad tracking services, when testing these types of traffic providers. This is true of almost any direct marketing effort but especially when you are being delivered raw traffic counts that can result in thousands of views per day.
9. Pricing runs all over the map... some vendors will sell you full page views of your website for as little as $29.00 for 10,000... others will price that same 10,000 at $89.00. There are lot's of resellers in the business and that probably accounts for the wide price swings. The lower priced vendors are often the ones who are selling adult-site originated traffic.
10. If you have tested Pop-Unders for your specific offers and found them cost effective... you are in nirvana. You can then roll out to large buys from prime vendors for millions of hits for only fractions of a penny apiece.
After you have tested and refined your lead generation message ... and it is working cost effectively... you will have discovered a completely duplicatable lead generation tool to drive qualified traffic to your lead capture page of your web sites. This lead generation system can then be taught to your distributors which will result in literally thousands upon thousands of leads working throughout your marketing organization.
©Copyright 2005 Thom Reece All Rights Reserved
Thom Reece is the CEO of Online Marketing Group, a Hawaii based direct response marketing and web development firm. His primary website- Online Marketing Resource Center [ http://www.e-comprofits.com ] is visited by thousands of marketers daily. For a free subscription to "Thom Reece's Web Marketing Strategies & Techniques Newsletter" go to: http://www.WMSTDirect.com, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet Marketing Strategy:The Advertising Co-op
The advertising co-op is an Internet marketing strategy that should bring sustained financial success.
Kindergarten Dropout Makes A Fortune In Internet Marketing
Hyperboles abound in Internet Marketing. Myth has its own area code. Hype has its own country. And BS, its own universe.
How To Increase Your Online Sales Anytime
Hold a discount sale on your web site. Use the sale to get rid of excess inventory, gain new or repeat customers, and increase your sales. Most businesses pick a theme for their sale, like a Halloween Sale. Below are six unique sales themes you could use:
Resources for Starting an Online Business
Anyone trying to start an Online business needs to have a number of resources before it is possible to build and promote a successful website. The following are essential tools that I have found very valuable.
Using This One Simple Word Helped Triple My Sites Profits
This article is very important.
Beware the Click Without the Conversion
Why is this funny?
To All Internet Marketers - How To Get My Business
More and more people are realizing that the Internet offers great potential to set up a healthy business for pennies on the dollar. This is good news for internet marketers - but it also means that they need to lift their game.
Internet Marketing: 5 Innovative Internet Marketing Strategies To Generate Tons Of Orders
There are two different groups of online marketers.
Seven Strategies To Make Money On The Net Regularly
You can attract 1,000's of prospects to you. You only need to be equipped with your own web site and an unlimited product or service to sell.
Online Marketing And Promotion: 10 Profitable Ways To Recycle Your Content
You may have heard the expression that "content is king".
Build Your Marketing Muscle
During a saxophone lesson the other day I realized how much regular practice can help a part time internet marketer. My teacher taught me a long time ago to just play for 15 minutes a day to progress. I was shocked when I first started doing it, but it works. And it works fast.
Make Internet Marketing Work for You Via RSS
RSS marketing is a tool used by many on the Internet to deliver advertisements, emails, customer support responses, ezines to clients and potential clients without the concern of Spam filters hindering the receipt of the email. Spam filters have created serious problems for companies marketing through email and almost 65% of the emails you send are not even opened by the recipient. This really will hurt your business if you do not find a way to get your information to clients and potential clients. That is what RSS marketing is all about, getting your information directly to the client and potential client.
Creating Functional Dialogue for Your Website
Opt in clicking promotes your business. By increasing link exchanges within the promotional copy on each page of your website, your website moves for you. It moves your clients to buyer pages, selling your products, and keeping the client actively clicking within your website pages.
Are You A Web Wannabe?
Web marketers see it all of the time.
Internet And Network Marketing
How do you start a business on the net? Well, network marketing opportunities available on the internet is a good starting point.
Getting Visitors To Stay Through Web Based Marketing
9/10 times your web site visitors won't stay for more than 15 seconds. This is how you get them to stay, or should I say, get them to come back!
Profiting From the Online Business: Tips to Boost Your Sales
Creating a lucrative online business is not an easy task. Ask any successful web entrepreneur, and chances are you will receive the same response. While some only intend to use the profits from their Internet ventures to supplement a current income, others aspire to eventually produce a full-time cash flow. Although those striving for a full income through an online business do have quite a tedious road ahead, it can be accomplished. With research, time, and patience, your business can prosper and produce the returns you are aiming for.
Ten Tips for Getting More Sales From Your Website
(1) Create a Direct Response Website, with the minimum number of pages possible (e.g. an Index Page, a Contact Page, and an Order Page).
Dos and Donts for the Internet Marketing Newbie (Part 2)
You are now reading Part 2 of my article the "Do's and Don'ts for the Internet Marketing Newbie". Part 1 covered the Do's and this part will cover the Don'ts.
Tracking & Troubleshooting for Increased Sales
So many times, online business owners are confused about where their sales come from. They think they are helpless after a visitor arrives at their site. Nothing could be further from the truth!
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Šš©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|