|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Using Back Links to Get Top Search Engine Ranking
There are no hidden secrets on how to rank high with the major search engines. All that is needed is a basic understanding of how search engines work and a bit of know how. Perhaps the biggest contributing factor to a successful web site is incoming links or Back Links. Without links, your website will more than likely go unnoticed. So how should you accumulate these links? Below are a few basic methods to accumulate quality back links.
Before you get started
You MUST understand how search engines work. Over 90% of your business will likely come directly from search engine results. Therefore, it is absolutely essential to optimize your site for search engines. You could have the greatest deals in the entire world, but if no one knows about them then your efforts are wasted. Do a search on google for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). You will find tons of great information on how to create a website that is both user friendly and search engine friendly. There are also countless numbers of companies and freelancers out there who offer SEO services. Just be cautious of their offers and do your research first. Remember, NO ONE can guarantee top placement in major search engines, no matter what they say.
Where should back links come from?
1. Articles are a fantastic source of links and additional traffic to your site. There are countless sites online that want your articles. It's a win win situation for everyone. When you write articles and submit them online, you are able to leave a link to your own site and sometimes even anchor text. I know what you're saying, "I can't write about anything." I use to feel the same way. But the truth of the matter is, anyone can write. You just have to find a topic that interests you. You can write about anything from dogs, to computers, to personal training, to web hosting, heck you can even write about writing. The bottom line is, articles are a valuable source of "relevant" back links to your site.
2. Submit to directories. There are literally hundreds of "free" and "paid" directories online. With 3 hours of painless work, you can have your site submitted to hundreds of great directories. There are many quality lists of directories that are regularly updated. One of my favorites is http://www.best-web-directories.com/ which is always updated and maintained.
3. Develop link exchanges with relevant sites. The major search engines such as google see incoming links from relevant sites, and give them more rank compared a link from an unrelated site. For example, if you have a website about pet care products, your link strategy should target pet related sites. Again with a bit of hard work and determination, you can develop a great deal of "relevant" back links.
4. Forums are a great source for additional traffic and links. Many forums allow their users to display signatures in their posts. These signatures can consist of both text and links. When you post a new message on that forum, your websites link will be displayed for everyone to see. This not only helps build valuable back links, but will bring additional traffic to your website.
5. Join a link co-op. Co-ops such as the one found at http://www.digitalpoint.com/ are an amazing source of valuable back links and free advertisement. What is a co op network? A Co op network is a network of site owners/webmasters that offer ad space to the network. In return, the ads they define are displayed across the entire network. The best part of ad networks such as the one found at digital point, is, they are free. Having your site in a co-op can literally mean thousands of back links for your site.
6. Buying ezine ads is a paid method of advertising, but it works, because it is the most targeted of these approaches. Write a concise ad for your business, and link to either a lead-capture page or directly to your autoresponder. Then, begin contacting ezines to place your ad. (Do a search for "ezine directories," and you will find enough lists to keep you busy.) When you contact an ezine, look for rates for both classified ads and solo ads. The advantage to a solo ad is that your ad goes out by itself in a separate email, but they can be more expensive. Because these ads are targeted (you should NOT advertise in an unrelated ezine), you will definitely see traffic, but you will need to track your results to see which ezines bring you the most and best traffic.
7. Ad Swaps can be an exellent source of advertising. Start by writing some killer copy (to coin a phrase...there are many free articles and ebooks writen on the subject). Simply use your favorite search engine and type in...how to write ad copy. I googled this as I am wriying this and it showed 12,400,000 results. WOW! Once you have your ad written, search out Ezines that are in the same catagory as your business or service. Again use your favorite web search. Build yourself a list of ezines and then email them asking if they except ad swaps. Include your ad in your corrospondance with the ezines so they can see what you are offering. Another place to check for ezines is to type in Ezine directories in your seach engine. Look up ezines in your catagory of business or service. Most listings will tell you if they except ad swaps and the peramiters of the ad such as how many lines and how many characters per line. Don't forget to ad your website url in your ad.
If you want to have a successful site, whether-it-be a hobby or for business, you have to understand how search engines work. Part of that understanding, is knowing about link development. Maybe in the early 90's the idea of "if you build it they will come" might have been true. But in the year 2005 the internet is a far more competitive and complex place. To be successful today, you have to work at it. Without a quality source of back links the search engines will all buy ignore your site.
Richard D. Moore is the President and Founder of IncomeNow! Marketing Masters. We offer Free support to every subscriber to IncomeNow! A No Hype, No Bull, Honest and Real source to help you start or grow your business and/or Ezine
Richard D. Moore is the President and Founder of IncomeNow! Marketing Masters. With 12 years experience, Richard is from the school of hard knocks and now knows what works and what doesn't. He will show you how to get immediate results. We offer Free support to every subscriber to IncomeNow! A No Hype, No Bull, Honest and Real source to help you start or grow your business. http://www.incomenow.9k.com
Dont Forget B.O.B.!
So you've got everything in place, busily working away for you. You've got your banners out, you've exchanged links, you've optimized your site for the search engines, you've got ad and P.P.C. campaigns bringing site visitors, your sales copy is converting them to customers or getting them on your list. But did you forget B.O.B.?
Top 10 Marketing Tips for Newbie To Start
Looking for some tips on being a newbie in the world of marketing? Here are a few to think about (and do!).
Traffic, Money, How To Get There
Want more hits to your website or someone actually buying? This is a good question.
Creating Information Products For Money, Image And Success
There has never been a more exciting and profitable time to create your own online product. Recent breakthroughs in the costs of software, broadband, online hosting, and teleconferencing combined with the explosion of internet sales, makes it easier than ever before for any coach to create their own products. Even better, with the advent of automation, it's never been easier to automate the entire sales and distribution of your product, providing you with a passive stream of income while you sleep. An information product can be delivered in many different formats; as an e-book, e-course, special report, manual, tutorial, home study course, tele-class, intensive program, etc. Audio and video can even be added to any of these formats, simply and easily from home, something that wasn't possible even just a few years ago. Why is it important to have your own product on the internet? Positions you as an expert - Perception is everything on the internet and the creation of your own product results in positioning you as an expert and is a critical step in generating new business. Builds your brand identity - Your product represents you and your business in the marketplace, and making it available on the Web is the first step toward getting your product into more hands, heads, and homes. Reaches a global marketplace - Having a product available on the Web means that you've expanded your geographic marketplace to the entire world via your website and your affiliate's websites. Creates a 24/7, passive revenue, profit machine - The Web never sleeps which means that you can literally turn your computer and website into a cash register around the clock, and many, if not all, of the processes can be automated. Instantly increases the effectiveness of yours sales cycle - This is especially critical for coaches. Often a consumer will opt to purchase a product as a trial before deciding to purchase your service. Having a quality product available on the Web allows them to get to know a bit more about you and what you have to offer. In addition to the great benefits listed above, there are several more which apply specifically to information products and make them an even more attractive choice. They are remarkably cost-effective - Since traditional production and distribution is unnecessary, your costs are significantly reduced and your margin for profit is significantly increased. Increase your speed to market - While it might take months or years to get a hardbound book written, edited, published, produced, and distributed to book stores, you can deliver the same content in the format of an e-book and bring it into the world in a matter of days or weeks instead. Content can be leveraged in several formats - The same content can be presented in several different formats; as an e-book, an e-course, a tele-class, a home study course, and the list goes on and on. My Book Yourself Solid product line is a perfect example. See how I've created a full product line at www.BookYourselfSolid.com. Opportunity for bold self-expression and learning - The Web allows you to get your message to millions simultaneously while at the same time offering you the opportunity to learn in action as you challenge yourself to create something totally unique. Now is the time to get into action. Product creation does not have to be that difficult. To learn more, visit http://www.90dayproduct.com. Before you know it you'll be hearing the beautiful, melodic, 'ka-ching, ka-ching' sound of your website turned cash register, as the orders come rolling in.
Year In Review: Top Ten Internet Businesses 2004
The internet boom hit a high mark in 2004. With old standbys and new emergences, the top ten internet businesses 2004 show a variety of companies all with one thing in common: they have adapted well to the World Wide Web. Many companies have difficulties and struggle amidst the huge ocean of the internet, especially since it is quite difficult to maintain a personal face. The companies in the top ten have not only succeeded in the business sense, they have invaded out daily life and have become a household name. From meagre beginnings, these top ten entrepreneur companies have mastered this new medium and are an inspirational to any budding entrepreneur interested in starting an internet based business.
Internet Consultants for Online Sales
Beware of Internet Consultants, as many of them have never been able to promote anything of their own, yet are in a haste to charge you for their experience and marketing savvy. Many have never made any money on this Internet, sold anything or consulted with any successful online sales companies. In fact most often these folks hold themselves out to be experts and consultants yet have no real experience at all. The Former President and Founder of Wendy's Hamburger, Dave Thomas, when listening to those trying to give him advice would often ask, how much money do you have? Often finding that those wishing to give him advice had little if any money, he would think to himself; "why should I listen to you?" Indeed this is a good question.
Ive Started My Own Online Business...Now What?
People ask me this question all the time! The "Now What" part is what grabbed my attention. There is so much more than just having an online presence. Just because you have a web site does not mean your work is done. You need to constantly promote, promote, and promote.
Product Marketing for Internet Based Home Businesses
All small business owners, especially those internet based, are concerned about product marketing and how to increase traffic to their web pages in order to increase sales. In addition, most want to not only market their products and increase traffic, but they want to do it affordable or free if at all possible. Fortunately, this is an option for home businesses, and all it takes is a little creativity combined with dedication. Also, for those businesses with advertising budgets, there are even more advertising options available. The following suggestions should help your product marketing plan significantly.
Analyzing Website Traffic
Analyzing your web traffic statistics can be an invaluable tool for a number of different reasons. But before you can make full use of this tool, you need to understand how to interpret the data.
The Most Successful Internet Marketing Model - Start with Free Tools, Spend Money Later
There is a particular web site where I regularly place my free internet marketing articles to generate traffic to my blog. Quite often several so called internet marketing experts place articles shortly after one of mine has been posted talking about the impossibility of making any money online without spending lots of cash on advertising.
The Essentials of Free Internet Marketing
Given a solid product, a well-developed Web site, and a carefully designed marketing strategy it's possible to make good -- even excellent -- sales without investing any money in promotion. That said, it does take a serious investment of time as well as marketing know-how. Although you may still want to invest in paid advertising, free advertising methods can help keep your costs down.
Sales Marketing: 10 Blockbuster, High Octane Strategies To Explode Your Website Sales And Profits
Do you want to ignite sales at your website?
Internet Marketing Success is a Cumulative Effect
Being successful at Internet marketing does require doing the right things, like search engine optimization and targeted online promotion. But assuming you are already doing these things, the real secret to success is to just do something?anything?everyday to push your website a little further along the road to growing your business.
Online Advertising: 10 Flaming Hot Ways To Heat Up Your Sales
If you have a website but not making a lot of sales, I can understand how you feel.
The Forbidden Fruit: Marketing Credit Cards Online
A common question and topic of discussion among Internet marketers is, "What market should I go after?" The number of answers to this question are as varied as there are grains of sand in the Sahara, but there is one thing that I have noticed in my eight years marketing online: people tend to shy away from and even be scared of ultra-competitive markets.
How To Identify Ideal Money Making Web Opportunities
I was winding my way up the levels of a very crowded parking garage the other day. The line of cars desperately seeking a spot ahead of me kept turning to the right.
Online Advertising Sinks into the Abyss!
Back in the ancient days of 1994 when Mark Andreesen and his band of hardy programmers were inventing a ground-breaking product/application/way of life called a browser, a dedicated group of entrepreneurs started publishing Netsurfer Digest a modern day "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" for the web. I subscribed to this wonderful newsletter and reference guide back in those heady days of yesteryear and have been a loyal subscriber and advocate since then. Sadly on this past Sunday I received notice that Netsurfer was moving to a paid subscription only model and would no longer be able to continue publishing their three primary newsletters by utilizing inserted ads as their sole source of revenue.
The 2 Best-Kept Secrets Of The Internet
It's a difficult task creating a website that brings you business. It's a full-time job where things seem easy at first but as soon as you start to explore the possibilities and appreciate the complexity of the task at hand it can soon start taking up ever increasing amounts of your time.
How To Come Up With New Product Ideas
Have you ever wanted to add new products to your exsisting product line? Obviously one way to do that is to find a product that is already developed and start selling that. Affiliate programs are great for that.
Financial Freedom Through Integrity and Honesty
Starting down the road to owning your own business can be exciting, frightening and challenging. It takes a lot of courage to leave behind the promise of a steady paycheck and strike out on your own. One of the keys to long term financial freedom and consistent, steady passive income is running your business with the highest standards of integrity.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|