|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Do?s and Don?ts for the Internet Marketing Newbie (Part 1)
I, myself, being an internet marketing "newbie" (endearing term used to refer to people who have just started their own internet business and don't know what the ---- they are doing) have learned a few things and would like to share my observations, tribulations, and triumphs with my fellow "newbies". In sharing my experiences I hope I can help you avoid some of the pitfalls and obstacles you will face. Let's try to avoid some of those "Information Overload" headaches as well. I don't want you to walk through the same mud puddle if I can point it out and help you avoid it.
First, in the article which is Part 1, I will list some important "DO's". Part 2 will cover the DON'Ts.
· Do take your time, one step at a time. Do understand that building your business is not something than can be done in a matter of days, not even months in most cases. It's going to take time, lots of time.
· Do practice Patience! I know it's not one of my virtues either and it's really hard to put into practice, but to save your sanity, try to be patient!
· Do understand in the beginning you will be suffocated with so much information and resources your head will hurt (that's where the Information Overload headache comes from) and you will not know which direction to take first. You'll just be spinning your wheels if you try to go off into 20 different directions at once. Remember, concentrate on one thing at a time!
· Do use your best judgment when weeding through all of the information. Throw away the obvious hype and keep what you feel is resourceful and useful.
· Do make it a goal to accomplish one task each day. Later when you can handle it add one or two more tasks. Progress slowly.
· Do look for free resources, there's plenty out there on the internet to help you build and promote your business. There's also a lot of hype and misinformation and just plain bad information, so definitely use number 4.
· Do join some good internet marketing forums. You will find a lot of advice and tips on how to promote your business. Many people there are also "newbies" and you can bounce ideas off of each other. Many will post what has worked or hasn't worked for them. Learn from the internet marketing experts, they were in your shoes at one time, benefit from their experiences.
· Do file and organize the information you receive for retrieval later on. Organize your email by creating folders to keep information categorized and easy to find. Keep a log in Microsoft Excel with all of your affiliate ID's, affiliate URL's, and memberships.
· Do learn some basic HTML code. This will make it easier for you to change, delete, and make any additions to your website. If you don't know how to add a link to your website then how will you exchange links with other websites to increase your search engine rankings. Go to http://www.htmlgoodies.com and take their basic HTML tutorial. Read my article titled "Why You Should Learn HTML" on my Articles and News page at http://www.profitfromhomebiz.com
· Do realize that it's going to take a lot of work and time to establish your business. Especially, a business on the internet. It's not an auto-pilot business. You will probably spend more hours working at this business than you would a regular 9 to 5 job.
· Chances are you are new to internet marketing, so study and learn as much as you can before you just jump in. Know what to expect and be prepared.
· Do realize that having an internet business is just like having a business in the "real" world. You need to have a plan, you need to advertise, and you must have a budget.
· Do download the "30 Days to Success" E-book written by Stone Evans. You can find a free copy on my website at http://www.profitfromhomebiz.com. You will need to provide your name and email address which will subscribe you to my Home Business Tips Newsletter (which is full of internet marketing tips and articles), and then you can download the E-book. It gives you a day by day guide on how to promote your business online. It's an invaluable tool!
· Do believe in yourself and your abilities. Believe in your success!
I divided this article into two parts so you would not fall asleep trying to read the whole article at once. Part 1 of this article has covered the DO's for the internet marketing newbie. Part 2 of the article will cover the DON'Ts. Be on the lookout for the part 2!
Debra Hamer is the owner of the http://www.profitfromhomebiz.com website where you can find the tips, tools, and resources to start your own work at home internet business. Become a subscriber to her free Home Business Tips Newsletter. She also offers free software to create your own PlugInProfitSite and the Mega PlugInProfitSite website and a free E-book titled "30 Days to Success" written by Stone Evans that will give you a day by day guide on how to promote your internet business.
Developing Your Export Import Business Using Internet - Part I
Since most of the businesses throughout the world have access to the Internet, many astute entrepreneurs and trading companies are using the Internet as one of the primary means for developing their import and export businesses.
Advantages Disadvantages Of Internet Marketing: The Good The Bad And The Ugly
The Advantages Disadvantages Of Internet Marketing are many.
I Was at the Point of Giving Up With My Website - Then Something Wonderful Happened!
This wasn't meant to sound like one of those "rags to riches" stories but for me, it sure seems that way.
Secrets to Business Success on the Internet
Secret Number One: The Key Is A Niche Market
Why Online Business - The Harsh Reminder Why Online Business Is For You
Many people want to achieve financial freedom and they know very well that running their own business has always and will always be the best road to financial freedom. Here are some reasons to remind these people why online business is the best way toward financial freedom.
Using An Autoresponder To Manage Your Email Campaigns
Online Joint Venture Ideas
A joint venture is when two or more businesses join together to work on a project for a set period of time. Doing online joint ventures can increase your chances of beating your competition, increasing your sales and profits, saving time and money, getting valuable referrals, and increasing your market share. The following are ten online joint venture ideas:
The Power of Viral Marketing
When I first heard of the term Viral Marketing I thought immediately of a virus. No, not the flu, a computer virus. I avoided viral marketing like the plaque. I'm sure many of you are doing the same thing. Every email labeled viral marketing got trashed and I immediately run an anti virus check on my computer.
Internet Marketing On A Budget
Establishing a web presence on the internet is based on two factors when you are on a budget, your willingness to devote time to your marketing efforts, and knowing the true facts of what really works in the world of internet marketing. There are many site promotion companies that promise to generate traffic for your site, but if you are a business on the Internet, you want more than just hits; you want potential customers to visit your site. The techniques discussed below will give you an understanding of what is working on the Internet, and bring those customers to you if properly applied.
Are You Looking For A Long-Term Or Fly-By-Night Business?
I have received many emails or calls from my network marketing prospects asking me how fast they can start to see profits. My answer to them is simple, How much and How fast you earn depends on your efforts. Most of them Do not satisfy with my answer. They will argue Company Xyz guarantees I will be in profit in my first month, The Sponsor from another company guarantees me to earn Even in my first few hours
Online Parties with a Twist
We know once you have a room full of guests at your online party, getting them to play games is the easy part. While hunting for answers to your game, a guest has the chance to see some products they simply cannot do without, thus making you sales!
10 Creative Ways to Sell and Market Resale Rights Products Offline
Are you having a tough time selling that ebook or resale rights product online? Is the online market for your info product over saturated? Maybe your ebook is too niche focused and doesn't draw much traffic from online keyword searches.
How SPAM Sells Sex, Greed, and Survival
The unsolicited email people react to most is what yells for money through our base needs involving sex, greed and survival.
How To Win The Marketing War, Capture Your Prospects Mind
As a marketer you are engaged in a "War" with competitors where the ultimate prize is capturing the mind of prospects and claiming their purchase dollars.
7.5 Ways To Get More Sales Through Your Web Site
Yes, apparently - websites are supposed to make money! Somebody came up with the strange idea that it's really not enough to spend thousands on your site, hundreds of hours creating the content and then sitting back to admire you, and your developer's work. No - apparently it is now 'cool' to have a web site that actually makes it onto a sales column in your chart of accounts.. 'Return on in investment' is a good phrase that's being thrown around - what are you actually making from your web site in cash terms? Ever thought about that?
The Most Important Aspect Of Internet Marketing Ever
Visitor Traffic Statistics 101, or, The Who, What, When, Where, Why & How of Web Analytics
As we all know, visitor traffic is crucial to the success of every Website. If you do not know how many views your pages get, how can you know if anyone is seeing your site, product or service? With an online business, you can not afford to guess at how effective your marketing, content, message or website design is.
This Here Web Aint Big Enough For Both Of Us! Can You Corner Web Market Share With Negative Action
If you're a fan of Western movies I'm sure you've heard most of the title line before; just replace "Web" with "town." That line of dialog is offered right before the two cowboys go outside and have a deadly gun duel. Wind blown tumbleweeds and shades of the OK Corral as a backdrop!
Starting an Internet Business is not for Everyone
Creating and building your home internet business does not need to be a daunting task. Knowing how to start an internet business will pretty much be the most important thing you would want to know. Starting on the wrong foot could discourage or demotivate you into building your home internet business.
10 Search Tips for Internet Marketers
From kids to the old, everybody searches and search engines provide search tips to help searchers get more relevant result.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|