|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
How To Build a Successful Online Reputation
After running an online business (web site design) for a number of years I built a reputation online that helps me to gain and retain a continuous flow of customers. I had no online reputation when beginning my business, but was able to build it up step by step over the last few years.
Why is building your reputation important for your online business?
People tend to purchase services or products only from people they trust. For example you may have hired a contractor do a repair on your house, that did not deliver on what was promised leaving you very disappointed in his service.
So how can you build a reputation online which creates trust between you and your customers providing you with repeat business?
10 effective ways to build your reputation online
1. Provide courteous customer service - always be polite with each customer, greeting them (ie Hi, Hello, Dear) first and ending your communication appropriately (ie Best Regards, Sincerely, All the Best). I always try to do this in my email communication and postings in online forums.
2. Over deliver on your products - this is a great way to gain extra credit with your customers. People often take short cuts due to lack of time or impatience and therefore under deliver on their service, leaving the customer unhappy. A good example of over delivering is to provide quality bonus products when a customer purchases your e-book. Another effective way is to offer extra quality advice even after the client has purchased your service or product.
3. Become an expert - writing articles about my business and publishing it on the Web has been a very successful way to build trust and loyalty. I try to make the information easy to read, and provide the necessary steps to put the knowledge into practice. This saves a lot of time and frustration for people who want to find quality information quickly.
4. Display your full name, company name and contact information - when I visit a web site I want to know who is behind it and what they have to offer before I will make a purchase. Within your web site, include your full name, a picture of yourself, and contact information. Include a telephone number as well. I often have customers who call me instead of using email. They want to be sure there is a live person behind the web site (not just an autoresponder) that they can talk to personally. This helps build trust immediately by clarifying customers questions who may have hesitated to communicate with email.
5. Create a clean, navigable, and fast loading web site. You only have 10-20 seconds to get the attention of your web site visitors. Create a design that is easy to read with web copy focused on the benefits of your business. Don't try to wow them with a flashy design. Most visitors are simply looking for targeted information.
6. Be an active web participant - participate in online forums by offering quality advice, asking questions, giving testimonials and being courteous. When people see that you frequently help others in the forum, they will visit your own site (you can leave a link to your site at the bottom of each post, if they wish to contact you).
You may even want to create your own online discussion forum. This creates a supportive environment for people to share ideas and ask questions related to your business. This helps you to gain a lot of repeat customers.
7. Provide testimonials - ask for testimonies from satisfied customers and put them on your web site. Visitors are more apt to buy from you, if they can read about others' experiences that worked with you. Be sure to include their email and/or web site address so the testimony is believable. Don't create false testimonies (with no qualifying email or web site address). It only reduces your credibility.
8. Provide quality products and services - if you offer a high quality product or service, your customers are more likely to return in the future to do more business with you.
9. Keep in constant contact with your customers - send out a bi-weekly newsletter, create an online forum, use autoresponders, or other methods to stay in touch with your customers. Most people these days are simply too busy to remember to return to your web site for the new information you wish to share with them. Constant communication with your customers creates long term relationships that leads to building a strong reputation.
10. Be personable - be interested in what your customer is trying to achieve with your service or product. Don't try to take advantage of their inexperience and just sell them something. That action will come back to bite you later. Always be honest and upfront with your customers and you will reap many rewards.
Building your reputation online doesn't happen overnight. Therefore be consistent and patient in your efforts. This will create a solid pillar for establishing a successful business online for years to come.
Herman Drost is the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) owner and author of http://www.iSiteBuild.com Affordable Web Site Design and Web Hosting. Subscribe to his "Marketing Tips" newsletter for more original articles at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more of his in-depth articles at: http://www.isitebuild.com/articles
The Right Way to Use Other People?s Articles on Your Website
Article Marketing Creates a Steady Flow of Fresh Content
How Internet Marketeres Can Create Their Own Powerful Niche... Even In an Over-Crowded Industry!
For some reason, people who look to the internet to make more money or start their own online business are drawn to the internet marketing or home business industries. Ironically, these marketers (and I was one of them!) become affiliates for "make money from home" products, or buy reprint rights for the same, and thus try to sell something they have no experience in.
Use Landing Pages to Boost Sales and Capture Metrics
If you are sending out a periodic email newsletter, no doubt it contains links back to your Website. These links probably take the responder to a product promotion, a featured offering, a contest sign-up location, or essentially any offer which is a means of gaining new clients or increasing your sales. What happens all too often, however, is that the person responding to your link wanders off somewhere else on your Website or else quickly leaves your site for other Internet destinations. Once you entice a newsletter recipient to visit your site, it is critical that you carefully guide him or her to take the actions you wish.
The Wisdom Of Giving Away Something For Nothing
If you're new to Internet Business, this might be hard to absorb. "Me? Giving away for free? I'm in business, not charity!" I heard you. That thought came across my mind once. Let me tell you the wonders of giving something away for free.
You are Being Lied About Reciprocal Links!
Exchanging links has been an important part of generating traffic since the concept of Internet marketing was first established, but at least 90% of people looking to trade links don't understand the real benefits and, therefore, fail to make the most of them.
How To Find Deep Discount Pro Online Marketing Tools
You can't row a boat without an oar or build a house without a hammer. And, you can't build an online business without essential Internet marketing tools. Sadly, thousands try (unsuccessfully) everyday.
The Struggling Internet Marketer
Instead of giving you advice on how to make a million bucks, and pretending to be famous and wealthy, I would like to talk about all the net-prenuers who aren't making a living on the information superhighway.
Niche Marketing - Assessing The Potential Of A Niche
Potential niche products exist all around us, but how do you decide which ones are likely to be worth pursuing?
13 Killer Ways To Multiply Your Sales
1. When you make your first sale, follow-up with the customer. You could follow-up with a "thank you" email. That way, you could follow-up every few months and build your own lists and include an advertisement for other products you sell.
Paid Customer List On Autopilot?
How do you get a truckload of buyers eager to purchase from you. Create a good quality product and price it ridiculously low. This way you will create a truckload of buyers rushing to get your product. This is a powerful way of building a paid customer list on autopilot. You had actually "Over-Delivered" and you will have very high chances of keeping your customers for life.
Headlines Bring Sales--Where and How to Use Them - Part 2
Headlines are short vital statements to stimulate your potential customers and clients to take action. That means sales! Since you only have 10 seconds to attract your visitor or reader, create headlines to make ultimate sales.
Internet Marketing Help
If you're looking for Internet marketing help you've come to the right place. Below you will find several tips to help you navigate your way through the mystifying world of promoting your website and e-commerce business.
Marketing Tourism Online, Part One: The Basics
This is part one of an article series which will introduce some basic strategies, considerations, elements, and techniques for marketing tourism products online. We plan to update and refine these articles as situations change and when we have new knowledge to present. If you have comments or questions, or you are interested in Leave Home's travel marketing consulting services, please visit www.Leave-Home.com or contact the author directly. You can also request to be notified when a new article in the series is available.
Its Not That Hard: Expert Shares Practical Tips For Internet Marketing Novices
Try to run a search for the name Edward Gilbert. You'll garner about 2,700,000 hits, and the most prominent of them would refer to Edward Gilbert the doctor, Edward Gilbert the lawyer, and Edward Gilbert the deceased professional wrestler. None of them though, would point to Edward Gilbert, the internet marketing millionaire.
Weblogs, Podcasting, and RSS Newsfeeds in the Marketing Mix
Weblogs and Podcasting in the Marketing Mix
The Deadly Sin Of Inaction
"There is difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
Internet Marketing and Public Speaking: The Murder Board Practice
I recently posted an article titled "Internet Marketing and Public Speaking: Ten Tips for When the Twain Shall Meet." One of the tips concerned a means to practice your sales presentation with a "Murder Board." I received several emails requesting a fuller explanation of this practice method.
Top Ten Ways to Attract Targeted Local Customers With Online Marketing
Does your business have a Web site? Have you missed the idea that it can be your 24/7 virtual marketing machine? Do you wonder how it could bring you minions more customers and clients to your "brick and mortar" location?
Researching For Niche Markets
When it comes to researching for niche markets, many people are confused and are never quite sure if they have found a niche that is open to additional competition and still has considerable demand, or if the niche is closed off to new entry. The answer is there is almost always demand in niche markets, and if you feel the demand is being met then there is demand for additional niches within a niche market. When researching niche markets and trying to decide what would be most profitable, you should first look at what you enjoy and would be best at doing day in and day out. The reason it is important to analyze your desires and strengths is because you want your home based business to work and be profitable, and if you do not enjoy it you will not be able to give it the attention it needs to grow, regardless of the demand within the niche. So, evaluate what you like, your skills, what services or products you can provide, and then begin figuring out the niche for your particular skills and products. If you don't feel there is a high demand, or the market is already saturated, then consider altering your product or service a bit so there is a niche market for it. All you really need is a little creativity.
How to Hit the Target for Your Internet Marketing Through 5 Self Help Questions
Recently, I stumbled upon a simple way to hit the target on my Internet marketing strategy for driving potential web traffic to my site. For me, this was an incredible "Ah Ha," because I am not a "techie" and my sales strengths are building relationships and understanding numbers. The Internet by its very nature provides an immediate obstacle to building relationships, but offers opportunities to gather and analyze numbers. And this is where many small businesses and even some larger businesses fail to capitalize upon this potential business strategy in their Internet marketing efforts.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|