|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Become a Star: 10 Do-It-Yourself Publicity Techniques to Build Buzz for Your Online Business
Public relations is popular because it is very cost-effective and it works. If you send out one press release, for example, and it gets into print, it could generate more interest in your product or service.
Businesses that want a leg up on their competition need to focus on boosting their public relations (PR) efforts. This is especially important for online businesses. It keeps them from going under when the economy is weak, and gets them ahead of their competitors when sales start picking up.
Now is the perfect time to get a fresh start on publicity strategies for your online business.
Here's ten tips using free publicity to kick-start an internet business into high gear:
1. Write articles: Articles don't have to be long; they just need to be informative. Writing articles gives you instant credibility, too. Submitting online, as well as offline, provides another good chance to get your name in print at no cost. Be sure to put your contact information in a contact resource box at the end of the article.
2. Write press releases: Reporters everywhere are looking for stories, and a press release gives them the information to write that story. Just make sure it's newsworthy, not just an advertisement.
3. Develop newsletters: Writing a newsletter is another way to keep your name top-of-mind. This can be online or offline. Both contain content valuable to your target market and many times advertise your products and services. The cost of this is nothing, yet the return potential is infinite.
4. Use your business cards: Think of your business card as a small billboard and start handing them out everywhere. Include them in all your correspondence ? even in your bills!
5. Start speaking: Speaking in front of an audience usually makes you an expert. People like to buy from experts. If they're in your audience, then they'll remember your expertise and come to you when they need your product or service. Speaking is free, and it's just like making a sales call to many people at one time.
6. Offer free reports: Offering a free report online is a good way to get an e-mail from prospects so you may market to them later. This is the whole basis of permission-based marketing, or opt-in lists. You can do the same thing offline.
7. Get on the radio: Radio is expensive, you say? Not if you are being interviewed or calling in on a talk show. Getting interviewed is free, except for your continual follow-up with producers. Calling in is free, but sometimes it's hard to relay contact information.
8. Participate in online forums: There are many online newsgroups or forums for a particular subject area. Participating in these is another way to get your name out. Many online forums will let you put an e-mail signature with a link to your site or message with another site linked. Take full advantage of this; these links get clicked often when of interest to the forum participants.
9. Build strategic alliances: Introduce yourself to other businesspeople who don't compete with you but sell products or services to the same target audience. Offer to promote them if they promote you. Make sure they're people you like and trust.
10. Compose letters to the editor: Many times a letter to the editor has a better chance of getting published than the actual press release. You'd be surprised how many people read this column in publications. This is also another way to become friends with the editor. If they see you enough and match you with a newsworthy press release, then your chances of getting a press release in print increases.
Copyright 2005 Cherry Communications/Be Heard Solutions
Shannon Cherry, APR, MA helps businesses, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations to be heard. She's a marketing communications and public relations expert with more than 15 years experience and the owner of Cherry Communications. Subscribe today for Be Heard! a FREE biweekly ezine and get the FREE special report: "Get Set For Success: Creative, Low-Cost Marketing Tips to Help You be Heard." Go to: http://www.cherrycommunications.com/FreeReport.htm
The Budget Webmasters Guide to Increased Credibility - Part One
Hey, I just noticed something. I've been sitting here filling out a bajillion forms, submitting my dang article 'til I'm blue in the face (Vent much? Why, yes and thanks for listening!), and I realized what makes me give out my real email address.
The Most Successful Internet Marketing Model - Start with Free Tools, Spend Money Later
There is a particular web site where I regularly place my free internet marketing articles to generate traffic to my blog. Quite often several so called internet marketing experts place articles shortly after one of mine has been posted talking about the impossibility of making any money online without spending lots of cash on advertising.
The Secret To Having A Successful Online Business
For three years in Internet Marketing, I've tried to find what the secret was to having a successful online business. During the first 9 months it was pure money-loss. I've lost count the number of downline clubs, retire early opportunities and other get rich stuff on the web which I've joined. I thought I was robbed in broad daylight in the cyber world. The phrase "Why me?" started to come out.
Does Your Internet Marketing Pull?
"Pull Marketing" has always been, and will continue to be the most effective internet marketing strategy at your disposal. Allow me to explain. Most marketing efforts can be placed into one of three categories:
Heres A Quick and Simple Way To Find Hot Niche Markets
"Here's A Quick and Simple Way To Find Hot Niche Markets"
Providing Information Will Boost Your Web Site
I was at a meeting the other day when one member of the audience came up to chat to me after I had given my presentation. 'I agree with what you told us,' she said, 'but it only applies to some people. After all in my business there's nothing I can turn into an ebook.' Within a minute of chatting to me she had developed two ideas for ebooks.
Maintaining The Focus For Success In Online Business
Maintaining Focus is important for success in online business. One must have clearly defined goals and taking steps to accomplish them is key factor.
Online Marketing Law! Whats Happening?
You read that right. There's a new law in California for online marketing. This law is thanks to the California's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Online Paid Survey
Choosing Effective Programs for Your Internet Marketing Plan
Objectives, strategies, and tactics (i.e. programs or action plans) - these are the parts of a solid strategic marketing plan. Your site objective defines the big picture, strategies provide the framework, and tactics fill in the details. Tactics are where the action takes place - these are the things you will do to bring your plans to life and "work" your marketing mix.
Forming Profitable Joint Ventures
You won't be involved in Internet marketing long before you see the term "Joint Venture." Perhaps you are familiar with the term from its application in the business world but don't see how it would apply to Internet marketing.
5 Ways To Treat Your Website Like An Employee And Reap The Rewards
People often come to me in a state of crisis and say their website isn't working. Usually they're in a cold sweat:
PPC and SEO - Inhouse Vs. Outsource
Any small business owner in a B2B or B2C market has struggled with the decision - should you outsource your internet marketing to a full-service marketing firm, or should you bring employees in-house for your marketing team? First you need to define your marketing goals - are you building a long-term brand or just bringing a new product or service to market? Do you have sufficient capital to support a marketing team? Your budget for advertising (ie, Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing) should be taken into account when considering your marketing budget - for online companies this is the largest single cost.
The Fatal Attraction of Online Marketers
Suppose you were offered 263 links coming into your website from 263 other websites all in one fell swoop. Everybody knows that the more inbound links you have, the higher you will rise in the search engine rankings.
Online Marketing Secrets & Marketing Strategy For An Succesful Web Site
starts when a web site is being planned... And is not what many think: just banner advertisement and search engine optimization, Adwords at Google or Pay per click at MSN
8 Things I Have Learned As An Internet Marketer
I started as an internet marketer, like I am sure a few of you have with various mlm programs. After little success with these types of programs I finally decided it was time I make my own website and get serious about marketing on the internet. Although I have not been doing this as long as some, there have been a few things that I have learned along the way that have helped me achieve much more success than my previous ventures in mlm. I would like to share with you 8 things I have learned since becoming an internet marketer.
5 Powerful Tips To Beat The Biggest Problem ALL Marketers Face
I bet you can't tell me... the single biggest problem facing Every Direct Marketer, new and old.
Alexa Toolbar - The Ultimate Internet Tool
There are numerous tools available on the Internet to assist online businesses. A valuable tool that you should use is the Alexa Toolbar. Even better, this tool is free.
Seven Strategies To Make Money On The Net Regularly
You can attract 1,000's of prospects to you. You only need to be equipped with your own web site and an unlimited product or service to sell.
Add-on Sales - The Key To Success On The Web
Question: Can you guess the cheapest way to make a sale?
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|