|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Online Marketing Donts
There are over 200 million people worldwide connected to the Internet, with over 64 million regular users in America. It's no wonder that such a vast audience has made online marketing one of the fastest growing industries in the world. However, half the trick of conducing successful ecommerce is finding a way to get people to your site in the first place-hence online advertising.
Internet advertising generated an astounding $1.92 billion in 1999, double from the amount generated in the previous year.
According to the Association of National Advertisers, nearly half of all American companies are selling online. The American City Business Journal reports that businesses that use the Internet grow 46% faster than those that don't.
Online advertisers beware; marketing trends in this industry often become outdated faster than you can say "pop-up". Here are some of the most common outdated online marketing techniques that should be avoided:
- Pop Ups Ads- Pop-ups ads are like the billboards of the information superhighway-you can't go anywhere without seeing at least one. The Internet has become so saturated with pop-ups that overall web traffic times are slowing down. Most web users are downloading software that eliminates them from their system, so they are not the best way to reach prospective consumers.
- E-commerce sites- Internet stores have become way too abundant, especially when likely 99% of what you're looking for can be found at Amazon.com, the site that boasts "Earth's Biggest Selection". Unless your product is so extremely unique that it can't be purchased elsewhere on the Web, an e-commerce site may just be a waste of time and money.
- Re-selling E-books- E-books seem like a great idea. However, most of the sites that sell them offer the seller the right to resell the book to others. Therefore, the market has become saturated with books that are often available for free from some sites. And why would someone want to buy an e-book from you that they can get for free elsewhere?
- Safelist Advertising- Like e-books, this is theoretically a good idea. Safelists are groups of members who have opted to receive ads from fellow safelist members. This form of marketing loses its effectiveness due to the fact that most members just mass-delete their bulk emails without reading them. Everyone wants others to read their ads, yet no one will stop to read other people's ads.
- 'Free For All' pages- FFAs will post your ad in one of seven categories on their page. Like safelist advertising, the idea is that the thousands of others that post ads will see your ad and click to your website. Again though, everyone goes to FFAs to post, and not to access ads. On top of this waste of time and Internet space, your email account will get flooded with massive amounts of spam if you sign up with one of these sites.
Jessica Klein is a member of the 'Mount Real Research Team', whose aim is to seek out and distribute business information to the virtual public. She is a freelance writer based in Montreal, Canada who loves writing about anything from accounting to zebras.
For more info about Mount Real, visit http://www.mountreal.com.
An Internet Marketing Solutions Company Confesses
a) An internet marketing solutions company tells you that they're going to have Google index your website in 2 days?
How to Build an Asset Out of Giving Stuff Away for Free
We all do it I guess: give something away for free to stimulate interest in our online promotions, an e-book here; a report there, whatever elsewhere.
Google AdWords and AdSense - A Dynamic Small Business Marketing Duo
Unless you have been living under a rock for the last year or so, you probably know that Google has become the king of the search engine hill. There are many reasons for this but number one in my opinion is that above all else they put value on content. Today I want to introduce you to two very powerful small business advertising options created by Google.
A Business Guide For The Very New Internet Entrepreneur
Did you recently buy your first computer and just started surfing the Net? Isn't it fun? All the new websites and places to go, sights to see! Have you ever wondered if you can make money with your newfound toy?
Affiliate Marketing Versus Network Marketing (MLM): Income formula Revealed!
Both affiliate marketing and network marketing pay people for referring a product or service. What then is the difference between affiliate marketing and network marketing?
After Fifteen Years Or More Of Frustration With Internet Marketing, I Think Ive Found It!
Hello Internet junkies and friends,
A Tip to the Beginning Entrepreneur: Know What Marketing Means
Internet Marketing has been a buzzword for over a decade now, a short time by ordinary measure. And yet in terms of Internet reckoning, this is a very long time. Whatever, we always go back to the origin of the word marketing.
How To Increase Your Web Profits by Cutting the Hype
'Hype' is now an often used slang word which is short for 'Hyperbole', pronounced 'Hy ? per ? bul ? ee', with the accent on the 'per' (not 'hyperbole' as in 'super- bowl').
Implementing an SMS Marketing Campaign
SMS Marketing can be used to acquire customers, strengthen existing customer and prospect relationships and provide a service to your customers.
4 of the Top 5 Search Engine Benefits to Article Marketing
You've probably heard by now that article marketing can help you build links back to your site.
Fast Forwarding Your Business with Instant Messaging
Instant Messaging is rapidly becoming accepted in the business community as a viable communications tool and process - it's faster than e-mail, free on the client side, even a novice user can easily grasp the interface in just a few minutes and it enables remote workers and business partners to "talk" and share files and information effortlessly using the in-place infrastructure of the internet. Its mushrooming in popularity too - according to IDC, corporate and general business users will jump from 5.5M in 2001 to close to 200M by 2004.
4 Reasons Why Having Your Own Product is Essential for Serious Marketers
I know what you're thinking, "Why is having your own product essential?" Quite simple really, without your own product you will never market to your full potential. We all want to make as much money as possible. That is the nature of business and because of this I have listed below my favourite and most powerful reasons why you need your own product to promote as opposed to be an affiliate for somebody else's product.
Use Photos as Part of your Marketing Arsenal
Photos should be important parts of your marketing. The photos are useful
Make Money With A Business Opportunity Online
There are so many business opportunities these days that promise to help you make money online. What should you do to choose one? Here are some tips to help you with your decision.
Why Have An Internet Marketing Business?
"The Internet Gold Rush is under way" Bill Gates, chairman Microsoft Corporation.
Subconsciously Command Your Readers To Buy
Tell your readers what they are probably thinking, feeling or doing as they read your ad copy. This strategy will usually trigger their own subconscious mind to bring out these feelings or actions.
Many Small Revenue Streams Are Best
There's an old story about a guy who had a fruit stand. On the fruit stand there was a single orange with a price tag hanging on it. The price? One million dollars.
Online Advertising for Dummies
Whether you are checking your email, shopping on a website or just searching for information, online ads are everywhere! A new marketing landscape, the Internet offers a new and cheaper advertising space, as compared to traditional spaces like print, television, radio and outdoor advertising. It's a revolution of sorts and small and home business owners are making the most of it.
Seven Tips For A Successful Internet Marketing Campaign
Often there can seem to be very little difference between two marketing campaigns. However the difference between average marketing and profitable marketing is immense. Here are my 7 tips for ensuring success from your marketing campaign.
The 9 WORST Internet Marketing Mistakes
Have you ever wondered how can you possibly figure out how to market your Internet business when you're bombarded with so much conflicting information? Lots of "how to" advice applies to many online businesses.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|