|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Resources For Staying Current of IT Advancements For Online Business Owners
The internet and associated technology changes at a relatively fast pace. For anyone working in fields that make extensive use of IT technology, it is crucial to always stay one step ahead of the game. Keeping up the pace can be challenging and seem utterly impossible at times without the help of resources to pull from.
For instance, small online home business owners frequently rely heavily on search engines to produce quality traffic to their site. Because all major search engines strive to deliver highly relevant search results to surfers, index algorithms are in a stage of continual evolution. Resources for staying abreast of changes is a must.
(1) ClickZ News is one of the primary online resources for internet marketers. Part of Jupitermedia Corporation, ClickZ provides highly insightful news articles on topics ranging from search engine marketing, web host providers, email marketing, web site design, current spam laws, idea branding and consumer spending habits across a broad range of IT and electronic devices. Signing up for their newsletter entitles you to receive the latest news right to your inbox.
(2) Search Engine Watch is undoubtedly the top site regarding new evolutions in search engine algorithms. I highly recommend frequenting this site if you are like me and performing all search engine optimization (SEO) yourself. Search Engine Watch is also owned by Jupertermedia, Inc. The lead editor is Danny Sullivan, well known throughout the SEO community as an expert on search engines and ranking. He and associate editor Chris Sherman conduct interviews with sources at search engines on a regular basis and analyze SE news across the web.
(3) Search Engine Optimization, Inc (seoinc.com) is another leader in search engine placement. Founded by CEO Garry Grant, a leader with years of experience in web development, internet communications and search engine optimization. They offer a free periodic newsletter, InSites, packed with optimization strategies and current developments in search engine technology.
(4) Tech Review is the online version of MIT's Magazine of Innovation Technology. Covering a broad range of new innovations in the field of information technology from software to major hardware platforms, this is geared more towards big business systems rather than small business owners. They do however, offer a free newsletter, discussing new advancements and applications, making this resource relevant to online businesses.
(5) Useit is the site owned by Jakob Nielsen of the Nielsen Norman Group, providing resources regarding human-centered IT development. Highly insightful, this site is wonderful as it addresses IT development from the perspective of the people who will use it. Useit also contains a nice compilation of other IT related resources.
What is crucial without a doubt is to keep current on ideas and ideologies that exist throughout the IT corridor. It is not necessary to know the explicit details or "in's and out's". If you have the correct resources at your disposal, you will stay one step ahead of the game of current online trends. Use these resources to stay ahead of your fellow online home business owners. Striving for new and better ways to reach your target market will ensure that your business stays on top.
by Dan J. Fry, c. 2003-2004, All rights reserved.
About The Author
Dan J. Fry is an independent researcher and owner of e-Kinetic.com, a site devoted to providing resources for small budget home businesses. He has a PhD in Physics and is married with two daughters and two cats. Subscribe to his free E-Zine on home business resources at mailto:e-kinetic@GetResponse.com or by visiting his Infopreneur site at http://www.e-kinetic.com. He can be reached at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten Dropout Makes A Fortune In Internet Marketing
Hyperboles abound in Internet Marketing. Myth has its own area code. Hype has its own country. And BS, its own universe.
A Crystal Ball for Your Web Business
Are you considering launching an eCommerce website? If you are, you may want to take your crystal ball down from the shelf to shed some light on whether or not your business will fare well online. In reality, there is no magic to eCommerce at all, it is all about preparing, thinking and implementing your ideas and products using sound business techniques. Here are just a couple of questions to ask yourself before you get started:
Chasing New Business?
As well you should. New business is what makes the world go round. Your business relies on new business to survive. To get new business you must constantly change your marketing efforts. But what about old business? Have you made a business crippling mistake? Have you forgotten your previous customers while looking for new ones?
Online Sales : 10 High Decibel Tricks To Magnify Your Sales
Online sales is like a fine art and you have to learn the ropes on how to convert traffics to buyers.
How to Network Effectively to Secure Freelance Work
When freelancers ask me what type of marketing is the easiest, costs the least, and yields the best results, I don't hesitate to recommend networking. Networking satisfies two primary prerequisites to secure clients. These two prerequisites are:
Holiday / Vacation Time But What About Your Online Business?
For many of us, it is time to start thinking about packing our suitcases and jetting off on our summer holidays/vacation. When I had a 'normal' job, this was a time to get out of the office and completely forget about work for a couple of weeks. Things are somewhat different now though as an Internet business never sleeps or takes time off so how do you handle your online business when you are supposed to be soaking up the sun on a far away beach?
How To Let Your Customers Search For YOU! ? Part 1
Actually I love the techniques I will explain below. These methods made me an authority in my market. A lot of people know me, personally or from doing business, and they refer new customers to me.
How You Can Acquire Exclusive Rights To Products; Part 2 of 2
The steps to gaining exclusive rights
Killer Internet Marketing Errors - How to Avoid Them
With 95% of all Internet businesses failing, it is important to find out what actually works and what doesn't. Most online business failures can be attributed to one or more of the following marketing errors:
Strategic Internet Marketing Is Planning
Strategic Internet marketing is a way to define your potential market. Before you build a website or Internet business you must studying your potential customers, examine your competition, and explore your opportunities for success. Optimum sales require optimum effort on your part. Starting an online business without first looking at strategic Internet marketing is a sure-fire way to expect failure.
An Internet Marketing Secret: Using Tie-Downs to Increase Sales
If you could get your prospective customers nodding their heads in agreement with every major point in your sales copy, that would be likely to increase your sales, wouldn't it?
Book Yourself Solid Key #4: Produce A Powerful Personal Brand That Sets You Apart
Copyright 2005 Michael Port & Associates LLC
12 Benefits of Internet Marketing for Your Business
1. Far Cheaper and Much More Flexible Than Print Advertising
The ABCs of Online Customer Support
Want to provide great online customer support? Want to provide the kind of customer support that will grow your business, by building customer loyalty and satisfaction? It's not as hard as it sounds! Just remember your ABC's.
The Google Toolbar & Search Engine Optimization
Like many other useful toolbars out there so is the Google Toolbar. I consider this toolbar a must have for any serious search engine optimizer and anyone who searches the internet on a regular basis. Here's why? The Google Toolbar has grown significantly in features since inception. It now features several new useful features but the main focus of this article is on those that aid in search engine optimization. So without further ado here's the Google Toolbar unfolded.
Internet Marketing Success Requires a Business Plan (Part II)
Formal business planning is a process that takes that "great idea" and subjects it to rigorous scrutiny. It either validates your premise or else shows you where the idea falls apart. Business planning forces you to identify costs and develop a sensible marketing strategy before you start spending money. Having a solid business plan will also help you to acquire funding, if necessary.
The 10 Success Basics For Your Online Business
It's always a good time to review what's been working or not working for you in your marketing efforts. Take the time to be honest with yourself about whether or not you're moving forward.
Internet Marketing: 10 Killer Internet Marketing Tips To Multiply Your Sales
Hello, do you feel low because sales at your website is down?
How To Create Your Own *24/7 Little Sales Machines* In 5 Simple Steps
Here's an astonishing fact guaranteed to excite you...
Marketing Your Networking Group
Several months ago I went on the cruise from hell. It wasn't advertised as a cruise from hell, but instead as an opportunity to check out a networking club, to have fun, to see what this particular group had to offer . . . but make no mistake, it was the cruise from hell.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|