|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Marketing Maxims for Todays Challenging Times
These are turbulent times for all businesses - necessitating streamlined marketing processes that are finely honed to mesh with today's sputtering global economy.
1. Don't stop advertising because the economy is sluggish - increase it, as many of your competitors are foolishly slowing down and you can grab market share! Look at what Dell has done to Gateway in the last eighteen months ? Gateway has lost 10-20% of their market share and are pulling in their horns, while Dell's slice of the pie has grown bigger.
2. Negotiate aggressively with media sources ? its tough right now for online and offline publishers to generate advertising revenue and they are being forced to consider any and all deals. Note the number of "house ads" being run by major portals like Yahoo and Internet.com, 20-30% of their banner ads or sponsorship buttons are promoting their own businesses.
3. It's no secret that many ecommerce sites look like Amazon.com ? it pays to mirror existing market leaders' web site design. People always resist change and familiarity is one of key reasons why they shop on and offline in the same stores.
4. Niche marketing has almost become a homily ? but it enables your company to leverage your marketing expenditures and R&D costs by concentrating on a narrow market segment. ToolLogic, Inc. (www.toollogic.com) is a wonderful example of a company that created/found a niche and then dominated it.
5. What's unique about your company, services and/or products? When you understand this you've just created "brand uniqueness" ? make sure you integrate these themes with all of your marketing; customers need to know what's different about your company versus your competitors. Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (www.benandjerrys.com) did a wonderful job of developing brand uniqueness in a commodity market (ice cream) that enabled them to build a great company.
6. A key attribute for any successful marketing campaign is repetition ? your company may not have the marketing resources of an Intel (their "Intel Inside" campaign far exceeded their marketing goals) but you do need to repeat your message and reinforce the branding and market awareness by touching your market segment via multiple reinforcing marketing processes; i.e. search engine ranking, print, opt-in e-mail, radio/TV, sponsorship buttons, newsletter inserts, etc.
7. Make it easy to do business with your company by offering pricing and terms of service that fit your client's needs ? Digit-Net technologies (www.digi-net.com) sells software and or ASP services to its customers by offering them terms of services that can be flexed to fit their needs, not the other way around.
8. Switching costs are high in this challenging market ? companies and individuals don't want to change their habits, as this can cost them more money. So, figure out how you can adapt your products and services to fit their needs to minimize their switching costs. Then, communicate this effectively via all of your marketing processes.
About The Author
Lee Traupel has 20 plus years of business development and marketing experience - he is the founder of Intelective Communications, Inc., http://www.intelective.com a results-driven marketing services company providing proprietary services to clients encompassing startups to public companies. Lee@intelective.com
Visibility Equates to Higher Profits
One of the greatest challenges businesses face is how to market cost effectively while gaining a good return on investment (ROI). Regardless of what industry you are in, the size of your organization and how long you have been in business, you must continually look for ways to gain and maintain your visibility to your market.
The 13 Hidden Treasures of Internet Marketing
Most people get into internet marketing because it looks like a good way to make money from home. These people usually don't realize that initial sales are only a small piece of the pie. Don't be like them and miss out on all the hidden treasures!
An Internet Marketing Plan Is Crucial
A Internet marketing plan provides you with a way to define your potential market and allows you the chance to position your business for optimum sales. You wouldn't start on a trip without map, would you? Likewise, starting an online business without a well thought out strategy Internet marketing plan is a recipe for failure. Let's look at some things you must consider when starting to write your strategy Internet marketing plan.
Five Proven Methods For Increased Internet Sales
There are hundreds of ways that you can promote your online business or website, some more effective than others. These five proven methods will help you to generate traffic to your site and also to generate income into your wallet.
Why the Internet is an Entrepreneurs Dream
Not long ago, a vacation that entailed travelling across much of the U.S. helped me reflect a bit about my Internet business, and reminded me of the powerful advantages of doing business online. Let's consider just a few of them...
Internet Marketing On A Budget
Establishing a web presence on the internet is based on two factors when you are on a budget, your willingness to devote time to your marketing efforts, and knowing the true facts of what really works in the world of internet marketing. There are many site promotion companies that promise to generate traffic for your site, but if you are a business on the Internet, you want more than just hits; you want potential customers to visit your site. The techniques discussed below will give you an understanding of what is working on the Internet, and bring those customers to you if properly applied.
Road Map to Internet Marketing Success
Today, the internet has become part of our life. We communicate, trade, and find entertainment over the internet. It makes our life simple, easier and get faster communication. Evertyhing is done by one simple click.
Weird Sells: Get Noticed on the Internet
What is weird?, well in the 21st century it's getting more and more difficult to define what is weird and what isn't . According to the dictionary one definition is "Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange". Surely that isn't enough any more? A quick look at eBay and you will find hundreds of items that would comply with that definition. Toast with faces on it, Glass jars containing Ghosts and numerous examples of weird and wacky objects, (well weird and wacky according to the people who have submitted them.) The sheer number of them should preclude them from being classed as Weird. Mainstream Newspapers now have pages of weird news and no shortage of people willing to appear on them. The nightly news no longer finishes with heart warming local story it finishes with some weird local happening Weird is big news.
8 Benefits Of Helping An Online Business Newbie
Do your remember when you first ventured out in the online business world? You probably had questions and problems along the way. Wouldn't it have been easier if you had help? When a newbie asks for your advice, educate them; answer their questions and help them solve their online business problems. If you do not have the knowledge to help them out, point them in the right direction.
8 Excellent Ways to Sell Your Back-end Products More Successfully!
A back-end product is a product that you attempt to sell to your customers after they have recently purchased a related item from your business. Selling back-end products is an extremely effective way of boosting your profits. It is a lot easier to sell products to those who have already bought from you than to seek out new customers. Of course, it is extremely important that you have a steady flow of new customers but it is also important to keep up with older customers and always be looking to lead them to make another purchase. If you make transactions on your website a good experience, older customers are very likely to look to do business with you again. It is your responsibility to persuade them to make that decision. Here are 8 ways to sell your back-end products more successfully:
Great Ways To Obtain Link Popularity
I hate reciprocal linking.
Five Step In To A Successful Online Shopping Business..
Before you set out to explore the online shopping market you should do some planning, take a piece of paper and pen and write down the steps that will help to bring in traffic to your website.
Internet Marketing Strategy: Online Joint Venture Ideas To Increase Your Business
A joint venture is when two or more businesses join together to work on a project for a set period of time.
The Wisdom Of Giving Away Something For Nothing
If you're new to Internet Business, this might be hard to absorb. "Me? Giving away for free? I'm in business, not charity!" I heard you. That thought came across my mind once. Let me tell you the wonders of giving something away for free.
Traffic, Money, How To Get There
Want more hits to your website or someone actually buying? This is a good question.
Advertising That Yields the Best Results
In today's world, online advertising is KEY to the success of your business. Your initial approach is what draws the curiosity that ultimately leads to the sale of your product. And of course, you only get one opportunity to make a first impression, so let's learn how to make it a great one!
Viral Marketing Strategies
Viral Marketing is allowing people to giveaway and use your free product or service in order to multiply your marketing quickly over the internet. The idea behind viral marketing is that you include your ad with the freebie people giveaway or use. Below are a collection of high impact viral marketing strategies:
Reap Incredible Profit with This Simple Strategy
Why is it some people are incredibly successful at utilizing the power of the Internet in their marketing while others can't seem to figure out the winning formula?
Joint Ventures - 8 Incredible Ideas to Boost Your Web Business!
A joint venture is when two or more businesses work together in a partnership for a period of time. Joint ventures are used frequently online because two businesses together can usually achieve a lot more than one on its own. Joint ventures maximise the possibility of beating your online competition. Here are 8 exciting ideas which will show you how profitable joint ventures can really be.
What the Heck Does Vincent van Gogh Have To Do With Internet Marketing?
Nothing and Everything!
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|