|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Marketing Trends from the Digital Frontlines
The web and ways to market on the web continue to evolve at warp speed - we see some positive and negative changes occurring - our observations du jour:
1. Publishers are finally starting to charge for branded content. It's still difficult to do, but we are seeing many newsletter publishers charging from $30-100 per subscriber per annum. And, most importantly, many people are finally starting to accept the need to pay for quality content.
2. Contrary to popular opinion, the web's epicenter is not San Francisco, Tokyo, Washington D.C./northern VA, Seattle, London or Austin. There is no epicenter ... it's everywhere. We now have over 427M (Dataquest & Nua) people using the web and its truly become a global medium/marketing venue/information highway.
3. More good news for e-commerce enabled business models. Recent published reports (Boston Consulting Group & eShop) indicate customer acquisition costs have dropped from $45 per individual customer in Q-4 of 2000 to $18 in Q-1 in 2001.
4. Adobe continues to push PDF format as a web standard. Over 32% of corporate web sites today have Acrobat PDF-enabling their web sites. Why we will never know (?), as it isn't an HTML standard but was originally developed to facilitate printing of documents. And, it doesn't work well on many web sites, especially for those coming in with slow connections or when you are trying to view more than a couple of pages.
5. Surprise, surprise! Splash pages are still increasing in popularity, with an estimated 18% of web sites today incorporating them. Let's be clear: we think they are really lame (to use a technical marketing term). They slow down the user experience and cause many people to click away from a web site in annoyance with no bookmark and no return visit.
6. Opt-in e-mail continues to grow in popularity and to reflect the web's ability to handle rich media content. The HTML format is rapidly becoming standard in many e-mail campaigns and we are starting to see streaming audio and video plug in components (running in the background) and even integrated voice mail, as just announced last month by YesMail. But, watch those conversion rates fall; opt-in e-mail is in danger of becoming this year's banner advertising.
7. Newsletters have become mainstream ways to communicate with customers, generate revenue via ad inserts and drive a brand into the marketplace. Now there are ASP (application service provider) solutions being brought to market by Microsoft and many others than enable a small or large company to manage all aspects of newsletter marketing via a browser.
8. No secret the web is maturing. There's been a media firestorm the last few weeks about how only four companies (AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo and Napster) commanded approximately 50% of the overall traffic on the web. Most disturbing to those of us not with the aforementioned companies (Sidebar: am sure Steve Case and Bob Pittman are very happy), eleven companies commanded this percentage about a year ago.
9. Traditional media is experiencing the same market downturn that interactive ad agencies have been getting. Look at your recent Newsweek, Der Stern, Time, Business 2.0, Upside, Fast Company, or Wired and you'll see they would do Jenny Craig proud - they've lost a lot of ad weight.
10. Popups, popovers, popunders - whatever the term you want to use for those annoying interstitial types of ads are still continuing to be deployed on more and more web sites. We think they are just bad marketing and are being used by sites or companies that can't figure out how to generate revenue with content (see #1) or, dare we say, real services!
About The Author
Lee Traupel has 20 plus years of business development and marketing experience - he is the founder of Intelective Communications, Inc., http://www.intelective.com a results-driven marketing services company providing proprietary services to clients encompassing startups to public companies.
Joint Ventures: Five Powerful Tips for Building JV Relationships
One of the best and fastest ways to build your business and maximize your profits is to develop joint venture partnerships. Here a five powerful tips that will greatly enhance your ability to build strong, lasting, and mutually beneficial JV relationships.
Things I Learned from Corey Rudl
On Wednesday, the first day of June, I received the following email from Corey;
Top 3 Free Marketing Techniques
If you have zero budget then this is the article for you. In this article I will discuss the best ways to market your website for free.
How To Top The Medal Tables With Your Website
The Olympic motto is "Citius, Altius, Fortius" meaning "Swifter, Higher, Stronger" so let's talk about how you can improve your website in each of these ways..
How to Communicate with Prospects All Over the World Who Speak a Different Language
I discovered a free service online, that allows me to communicate with people and watched my international sales begin to go through the roof. Did you know that over 50% of all Internet traffic is from non-English speaking countries? Companies like Adobe, Baxter Healthcare, EDS, GE, Microsoft, NetGear, PepsiCo, Socratic Technologies, US Government, XE.com are relying on this type of service already to get more done, with no language barriers.
The New State Of The Art Method For Making Money With Joint Ventures
If you are anything like me, you spend a lot of time researching joint ventures and going through the chore of analysing all the joint venture proposals you get on a daily basis in your inbox. I've often wondered if there was an easier way to find successful joint ventures, as serious marketers online all know the power of joint venture marketing.
I Don?t Smoke, But I Love a Good .sig!
.sig, or "Dot Sig" as it's affectionately known, stands for "Signature File" and is the text and (usually) other contact information placed at the bottom of email or other computer-based correspondence. It is traditionally used for things like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, mailing addresses, web site addresses, etc. However the real truth is, it can contain anything the author wishes to include. It is like having your very own piece of legitimate, non-intrusive, socially acceptable, 100% SPAM-free advertising space on every piece of email you send or posting you ever make!
No Marketing, No Promoting, Huge Profits
Internet business opportunities come in many flavors and varieties. Most of them require some form of promotion in order to generate any income.
Targeting Online Customers
Although generating online traffic is an important goal of any website, attention should always be directed to the very first and most important issue in website marketing: targeting online customers. It's important to remember that the definition of your online customers always comes from your customers' basic needs and preferences. Your customer's needs define your online business. If you define your customers based on their requirements, you will know what direction to follow based on your understanding of their needs. As a result, you won't necessarily sell your products or services to a specific demographic group, but rather to the people who actually need your products or services.
6 Basic Principals Every Online Business Owner Should Know
The fact that you're reading this article shows your interest in starting your very own internet business. Maybe you're already an online business owner in search of some answers why your online business stalled. Even if you're just interested in what others have to say about online business startup guidelines, I think these are the 6 fundamental principals that will make or break your online success.
Multiple Streams Of Internet Income
Make your website pay?in millions
How to Make Money from People Who Type the Wrong Web Address
How many people visit your web site but type in the wrong address? You'd be surprised! What happens to them if they try to reach a page you've deleted? In either event, they'll get what is known as a '404 error'. This means you have lost sales - and confidence in your web site, which means they'll never revisit. But there is a solution.
How to Make Money from Your Website Using Advertising
You have managed to get your website to that magical point where you have established popularity, traffic, loyalty and a community of fans. Your site contains a wealth of information, resources and services that you provide free because that's just the kind of person you are. You may not have intended to make money from your site but now that you have an audience you realise that it's possible, or perhaps you have to start thinking about generating income because your costs to manage the site have increased and it's starting to hurt.
Your First Web Site
And you are so proud of it. You have no knowledge of html and the like, but your little web site sits bravely in the ether. You visit all the major search engines and painstakingly submit your URL. You visit other sites similar to yours and politely ask for a link. You check the Link Rankings at least twice a day to see if your brand new site has been indexed, and smile smugly as Yahoo, Google and the others acknowledge your tiny space on the Internet .
What Great Online Advertising Really Is!
Many business people have a distorted view about the distinction between sales & marketing. The common view looks something like this. "Market by advertising to get your name out there, so that people will be familiar with you. When they need what we're selling, they'll know who to call".
How to Turn Your Articles into a Viral Traffic Stampede
By writing articles you can send targeted traffic to your website at any time without paying a single cent. Articles are one of the best online marketing investments you can make because you write them once and they send you instant visitors each and every day. The more articles you have circulating the internet, the more targeted traffic they will send to your site.
Why Offline Advertising is So Important for Websites
It is important that anybody with a significant online presence understands why offline ads are so important and more so why they are usually much more effective than online advertisements. This is very useful knowledge that will no doubt impact dramatically on the success and profitability of any online enterprise. More so when numerous businesses have lost significant amounts trying to advertise online and have ended up with virtually nothing to show for their efforts. Even the much-talked about pay-per-click ads have been hit by increasing click fraud in recent times. This is where software is created to continuously click at ads with the motive of landing the advertiser with a huge ad bill and no business. Other times the software has been used to profit webmasters who post the pay-per-click ads as affiliates and earn a percentage of the cash paid by the client for every single click that happens on their site.
Is There A Future For Spam?
Will you always be buried underneath a mountain of spam? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? With the current flood of spam to your inbox and ever more devious practices on the part of spammers you'd be forgiven for thinking that spam is here to stay.
Using This One Simple Word Helped Triple My Sites Profits
This article is very important.
Guide To Free Advertising
When I first started my internet home business, I realized that in order to make money I would have to bring visitors to my website. I didn't have a lot of extra cash laying around, and my mentality at the time was "Why would I pay for it, when I can get it for free"? So, I starting searching the internet for places that would accept an ad for my product for free. I was very happy to find literally thousands of sites willing to accept my ad.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|