|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Article Submitting: How To Study A Publisher?s Website
There are many websites that will host your articles on the Internet. Some small, some large, some with guidelines, some without, some support streams of topics, some have a limited focus, some charge a fee and some are free.
With so many places to post your articles how can you maximize distribution with the least amount of effort? You can do so by being selective. Post your articles only on sites that support your topic, have integrity, and have a win/win approach. Since no two websites are alike. Here are a few features to watch for when considering your articles for submission:
1. Search capabilities. When you are at the website is there a search feature visitors can use to find a certain topic? If the page or pages list articles one after the other down a long page readers will not get past the first 20 names. Actually they will not even read that many. Web viewers do not have the patience to scroll through rows of titles trying to find the right subject.
2. How user friendly is the website? If the article section is buried inside a website and you have difficulty figuring out how to submit your article you will want to consider submitting your articles to this site.
3. What is the purpose of the website? Is that purpose supportive of your article, topic, and purpose or detrimental? Is it a sales page just trying to drive up search engine optimization under false pretenses? don't be fooled there are many of them out there. Is the host of the website apparent or nonexistent? Can you find a phone number or location -- city, state or country?
4. Submission guidelines. Some websites stipulate a word count, minimum, maximum or range. If your article doesn't meet their word count stipulations your article will normally not get published. Take them seriously and take the time to read them. More importantly find a system to track these. I have a rating system I use with 1 being the perfect submission site on up to 15 being an absolutely no. I keep track of the no website sites so that when I'm looking for new sites I know which ones I have already reviewed.
Since website owners change, just as we do as we learn and grow with our skills, guidelines change occasionally as well. I recommend reviewing the guidelines either every three months or at least ever six. Some sites have gotten sneaky and post good guidelines and then change to "we have the copyright now" sites when you are least expecting it.
There are also a few sneaky submission sites that are counting on you not reading their guidelines. These sites stipulate in their guidelines that upon submission the author gives up their copyright on the article. Some are blatantly labeled while others are hidden inside obscure legalize.
Some sites stipulate that you give them permission to use your material in anything they print or publish. This means that they can accumulate articles on a certain subject, and this is their usual intention, put them together in an ebook and sell the ebook. While some of you will not mind this and consider it viral marketing there are some dangers in this. And this author knows because this has occurred to her materials before she became wise to the secret purpose.
5. Statistics. There are very few websites that provide reader statistics. I love the websites that tell me how many people read the article. I want to know if a particular topic is well read. Many sites prefer not to post reader statistics. I suspect it is because writers would see that there is a very low count and submitting their articles. Voting on the article is a nice feature, however, it is not really a vital statistic counter. Maybe 1 out of 10 to 15 views will someone take the time to vote. If the voting feature is remotely positioned viewers never know of its existence. Even if this feature is position well on the page -- above the article to let readers know its there and immediately below the article -- readers will rarely vote unless the article was awful.
Article hosting and posting is a joint venture -- view it as such -- and you will maximize your time and effort.
Copyright 2005, Catherine Franz.
Catherine Franz, Millionaire Coach, thinks outside the box naturally when it comes to attracting money. Order her latest strategy, How To "Get 'Them' To Follow Your Yellow Brick Road" report (for professionals, consultants, employees, and retail store owners). http://www.marketingstrategiestogo.com
Online Sales: 10 Mind Boggling, Electrifying Tricks To Ignite Your Sales
Do you want to unleash a tsunami of sales at your website?
Product Marketing for Internet Based Home Businesses
All small business owners, especially those internet based, are concerned about product marketing and how to increase traffic to their web pages in order to increase sales. In addition, most want to not only market their products and increase traffic, but they want to do it affordable or free if at all possible. Fortunately, this is an option for home businesses, and all it takes is a little creativity combined with dedication. Also, for those businesses with advertising budgets, there are even more advertising options available. The following suggestions should help your product marketing plan significantly.
Why Your Online Advertising Traffic Leaves as Soon as It Arrives
Enough With the Upsells Already!
It happened twice during the same week. All I wanted to do was make a purchase, and they were making every effort to keep me from it (or so it seemed). Why would a business who wanted me to buy from them so badly put enough roadblocks in my path to make me want to click off the site and go someplace else?
Stepping Outside the WAHM Zone
Often times on message boards you'll see several reps from the same company, making it difficult for all reps to gain enough sales. We've also seen issues where some reps dominate certain boards or even go so far as to steal potential customers and recruits. While there is no real easy answer to this problem, there are certain things you can do to gain your fair share of sales.
A Hitchhikers Guide to the Internet
"Where do you work?"
Effective Time Management Earns You More Money!
In this article, "product" means any tangible product, digital products (ebooks and software) and services such as membership sites, web design and development, hosting, "print on demand" for ebooks, fulfillment for orders and so on.
Target Practice And The Internet Entrepreneur
Internet marketing, a lot of the time really is hit and miss. Always keep in mind that when you promote your site you are, in effect trying to get the word out to the whole world. Not an easy task! How can there NOT be variables when you are advertising to billions? It isn't always where you advertise that makes the difference; it's HOW.
Just Ask! Using Surveys to Improve Your Business
The Free Viral Marketing Technique You Cant Afford to Pass Up
Have you ever seen the movie "Pay it Forward"? This incredibly simple, yet effective viral method requires doing exactly the opposite; that is, paying it backward. Read on to see exactly what I mean.
Online Parties with a Twist
We know once you have a room full of guests at your online party, getting them to play games is the easy part. While hunting for answers to your game, a guest has the chance to see some products they simply cannot do without, thus making you sales!
How To Increase Your Web Profits by Cutting the Hype
'Hype' is now an often used slang word which is short for 'Hyperbole', pronounced 'Hy ? per ? bul ? ee', with the accent on the 'per' (not 'hyperbole' as in 'super- bowl').
How to Hit the Target for Your Internet Marketing Through 5 Self Help Questions
Recently, I stumbled upon a simple way to hit the target on my Internet marketing strategy for driving potential web traffic to my site. For me, this was an incredible "Ah Ha," because I am not a "techie" and my sales strengths are building relationships and understanding numbers. The Internet by its very nature provides an immediate obstacle to building relationships, but offers opportunities to gather and analyze numbers. And this is where many small businesses and even some larger businesses fail to capitalize upon this potential business strategy in their Internet marketing efforts.
Lead Me On - Learn About Internet Marketing Leads
Every business is engaged in selling something, whether a product, service, information, or something else. And sales usually begin with sales leads. As an offline example, new insurance and car sales people are frequently asked to compile lists of their friends, families, acquaintances, and so on. This list is used then as a lead builder - something to get the ball rolling towards that first big sale. The online world is no different. Every for-profit web site needs a steady flow of internet marketing leads. A big part of any online marketer*s job is to generate the leads that will ultimately be responsible for another sale. In particular, in the highly competitive online marketing arena, someone selling products and services to other marketers will need a steady flow of fresh internet marketing leads to fuel their sales.
10 Ways To Gain An Avalanche Of Sales
1. Utilize holidays to increase your visitors or sales. You could give away free electronic greeting cards, hold discounts, send customers holiday cards, etc.
Visibility Equates to Higher Profits
One of the greatest challenges businesses face is how to market cost effectively while gaining a good return on investment (ROI). Regardless of what industry you are in, the size of your organization and how long you have been in business, you must continually look for ways to gain and maintain your visibility to your market.
Online Marketing: Math or Myth?
The numbers are supposed to be big in online marketing, but are they significant in the online marketing of music? Clearly, we need someone with 'Net experience to set a few things straight. Scott Meldrum is a businessperson and musician with a dry wit and a background in bulk mail. Oops, excuse me, direct response advertising. He's also the man called on by major labels when they want to brand an artist and reach millions of fans via the Internet.
3 Services Your Online Business Cant Live Without
It doesn't make any difference if you're promoting your own product, affiliate programs or MLM programs, there are 3 services your business can't live without.
Why Online Business - The Harsh Reminder Why Online Business Is For You
Many people want to achieve financial freedom and they know very well that running their own business has always and will always be the best road to financial freedom. Here are some reasons to remind these people why online business is the best way toward financial freedom.
Marketing Tourism Online, Part One: The Basics
This is part one of an article series which will introduce some basic strategies, considerations, elements, and techniques for marketing tourism products online. We plan to update and refine these articles as situations change and when we have new knowledge to present. If you have comments or questions, or you are interested in Leave Home's travel marketing consulting services, please visit www.Leave-Home.com or contact the author directly. You can also request to be notified when a new article in the series is available.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|