|Ðð©'§ Internet Marketing Information Library|
Does Your Internet Marketing Pull?
"Pull Marketing" has always been, and will continue to be the most effective internet marketing strategy at your disposal. Allow me to explain. Most marketing efforts can be placed into one of three categories:
1. "Push Marketing" or advertising basically screams at the viewer. "Hey Look at ME, Buy My Stuff NOW!" Because we are exposed to this type of marketing thousands of times a day, we've learned to tune it out, hate it and even protest against it. Look at SPAM for instance. People even get arrested for using email to "Push" their offers in front of us!
With Push Marketing we have no choice in the matter. We get a sales pitch whether we want it or not. And who doesn't want a choice in what they see, read or hear?
2. "Permission Marketing" on the other hand aims to seduce us into allowing others to advertise to us. They offer up promises of great useful content, special offers and discounts if we signup, opt-in or subscribe. It's effective but loosing ground day by day as we see the content more and more diluted by the ads.
Basically, they ask us if they can advertise to us and we have a choice whether the content they're offering is valuable enough to us to put up with the ads.
3. "Pull Marketing" is when people come to you, with a purpose. If I'm seeking the services of a programmer to develop a script for a web site I'm working on, the first place I begin my search is either a search engine or a site where I know programmers can be found like Elance.com. I actually visit these sites with a purpose and seek out the best person for the job.
Maybe I read an article or web based tutorial on designing scripts for my purpose. Maybe I searched through HotScripts.com and couldn't find what I was looking for.
The Point is, I went looking for them. I took the time and energy to find them and I'm ready to buy now. I'm the most targeted prospect the programmer could ever hope for.
Now, the key to effective Pull Marketing on the internet is visibility. If that programmer was not visible when I went searching he would have lost the sale. He used Pull Marketing to his advantage and it was to my advantage as well because I needed his services at the time.
Here are 7 ways to implement "Pull Marketing" into your internet marketing strategy:
1. Make sure your web site is listed in the major search engines. Your site needs to be optimized so that it is listed under the appropriate keywords and phrases, making it visible when your potential customers and clients are ready to buy.
2. Make your expertise memorable by writing informative articles relevant to your industry or niche. Make those articles visible by submitting and syndicating them to sites and ezines for future publication.
3. Contribute meaningfully to online forums where your potential customers gather to exchange their views, opinions and talk about their problems. Leave a subtle keyworded link in each of your postings. Now that other forum visitors know who you are and what you know, they'll be more inclined to check out your link.
4. Brand your email with a signature. Every email you send out should have a short blurb at the end along with your URL. Make sure the main benefit of your business is stressed and make it compelling and irresistable. Make it memorable.
5. Provide a content rich web site that pulls visitors into interacting in some way. They have to come back for the newest articles, they have to come back to see the results of a poll or quiz they took part in. Constantly give your web site visitors a reason to return.
6. Leave your URL and signature on any other related sites that allow link submissions or link exchanges. Sign guestbooks, send webmasters testimonials touting what a great source of info their site has been to you. They may publish it, and your URL right on their main page.
7. List your site in the appropriate category of every online directory you can find. Drill down through the categories as if you were a prospective customer looking for the services you offer and submit your listing there. Targeted visibility will do wonders for your marketing pull.
The bottom line is: Targeted Visibility is the key to effective "Pull Marketing". You need to be there when your customers come looking.
About The Author
Paul Short is a search engine optimization and web site promotion specialist who's been helping his clients implement pull marketing as an effective internet marketing strategy since early 1997. His web site web site and blog for more info at http://www.top100marketing.com/
Niche Marketing and Finding Your Way to Profits
If you haven't heard the word 'niche' being batted around by Internet Marketers then you haven't been listening. Finding a niche has become the antidote to competing in overly saturated online markets.
Why the Internet is an Entrepreneurs Dream
Not long ago, a vacation that entailed travelling across much of the U.S. helped me reflect a bit about my Internet business, and reminded me of the powerful advantages of doing business online. Let's consider just a few of them...
Why People Will Look Back In Years To Come And Wish They Were You
It's true. Just think about it for a minute - the World Wide Web as we know it has really only been around for around 10 years or so. So everyone who already has a website and is getting business through it, or improving their business in some way by having one, is truly at the forefront of the web.
How to Network Effectively to Secure Freelance Work
When freelancers ask me what type of marketing is the easiest, costs the least, and yields the best results, I don't hesitate to recommend networking. Networking satisfies two primary prerequisites to secure clients. These two prerequisites are:
Niche Marketing: Finding JV Partners
Joint Ventures (JVs) are one of the most powerfull techniques you can employ to get your Niche Business up and running.
Dont Baffle Me - Talk to Me
Congratulations, all you Internet marketing people you. You now command a whopping 3% of total advertising and marketing budget. Hey, it's better than, well...2%. And the number is trending higher. That's good too.
Why You Must Have More Than One Niche Sites
Have you heard of diversifying your investment portofilio?
E-Mail Accounts For Your Home Based Business
As a Work at Home Business you need to have at least 7 E-Mail Accounts.
Cheap & Easy Online Marketing
A successful online business takes more than a website?a lot more! When I ask people if they have an online business, many people tell me they are creating their website. That's good news except I get the feeling they think that is all they have to do to have a successful online business. Nothing could be farther from the truth!
The Biggest Internet Marketing Mistake Victorias Secret Will Never Make
Victoria's Secret has about 1500 retail stores, a world class catalog, and according to Alexa.com, a website that is consistently in the top 100 websites on the plenet, as measured by traffic.
Trust, the Key to Success
Not everyone is comfortable putting their personal information online. It is up to you to make customers feel at ease while they do business with your company. This means boasting your reputable name on your site with the Verisign Banner or the Better Business Bureau seal. These are not just added accessories to make your site look pretty this is your good name hard at work.
Writing Your Own Entrepreneur Success Story
The world of entrepreneurship is a difficult one full of ups and downs. In order to rise about your struggles and survive amidst the headaches and heartaches, you will need to learn the key to entrepreneur success. Everyone has heard of famous entrepreneurs who have taken the internet by storm and pocketed millions in the process. Not every company will be the next eBay, Amazon.com, or Google, but the successful ones will have their story written. This article will deal with the keys to writing you own entrepreneur success story.
I Don?t Smoke, But I Love a Good .sig!
.sig, or "Dot Sig" as it's affectionately known, stands for "Signature File" and is the text and (usually) other contact information placed at the bottom of email or other computer-based correspondence. It is traditionally used for things like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, mailing addresses, web site addresses, etc. However the real truth is, it can contain anything the author wishes to include. It is like having your very own piece of legitimate, non-intrusive, socially acceptable, 100% SPAM-free advertising space on every piece of email you send or posting you ever make!
The Power of Buzz
How did Hotmail gain over 12 million subscribers in 18 months? How did the very low budget movie "The Blair Witch Project" become such an incredibly successful phenomenon? The answer lies in the power of "buzz."
Viral Marketing - Use This Free Reminder Service to Go Viral
The busier you are the harder it is to remember all those appointments. Now you can get an E-Mail everyday to remind you of all your important appointments. Better yet you can turn other peoples need for reminders into a Viral Marketing Tool right now and it's all free.
I Finally Figured It Out - The Largest Stumbling-Block To Online Success
We're going to talk about one of those issues that I think is the most serious stumbling blocks to Internet success: fear of losing money.
My Top 7 Favorite Ecommerce Tools
When you make your living on the Internet, you sometimes forget that the resources you use every day (and take for granted) might rate an incredible discovery to anyone who doesn't already know they exist.
Nobody Knows You Yet!
It is really a small wonder why most people fail in the first 90 days on the Internet (which might explain why most products on the Internet come with 90 day money-back guarantee!). After putting up your web pages in cyber space, to expect people to know of your presence without promotion and marketing effort on your part is a fool's dream. In extreme cases, it is actually a fool's plan.
Silver Surfers: Successful Online Marketing to Seniors
If you are marketing to an older audience, don't discount the value of a website. People over 50 account for more than 50% of discretionary spending in the United States, and they are going online to buy. And, they have money to spend.
GoDaddy?s Super Bowl Commercial Success
GoDaddy made a calculated decision to nationally "brand" their name using the Super Bowl commercial. They also decided to make their commercial "news" by making it a racy play off of last year's Janet Jackson fiasco using the Senate Hearings theme. This made the commercial more then just a commercial. It made it News. I read about the commercial in Time magazine 2 weeks before the Super Bowl even aired it. Using this clever trick GoDaddy was able to make the most of their airtime by receiving press before and after the commercial. This extra press only further "branded" their name with consumers.
|Home | Site Map|
|Copyright © 2005-2007 - Ðð©'§ pcMedix Computer Group Help Sites. All Rights Reserved.|